Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water pump

Options
  • 30-09-2012 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi <Just wondering if anyone can help me with a pump problem.The pump started to run for no reason and wont stop.No signs of water anywhere,no taps left on or running.I have to knock off the 12 volt power to stop the pump and this means no lights.The taps are working perfect and pumping loads of water on request and stop when you turn the taps off,but the pumps keep working ,or humming.Any help would be great,Thanks,Irishtear

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭zambo

Hi
    The usual system on vans like hymers is that each tap and the thetford toilet are fitted with a switch which starts the pump when the tap is opened so first guess is that a switch has broken/fallen off or is out of adjustment.You should hear the switch click if you listen carefully as you open and close each switch.meter out the switches if possible.
    Do you have an outside shower fitted,some, such as the bullfinch need a separate switch which may be left on.
    The other system uses a pressure switch to sense drop in water pressure and this switch could be faulty.
    Tell us what van you have and any other relavant details.
    Yours Zambo

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭irishtear

Hi Zambo,The van is a 1994 Dethleffs ,a globetrotter.Thanks for the reply.

And to add to the problem,I was making sure the taps were fully off and the left hand side of the tap came off in my hand,it still works but the spout wont stay upright now.Anyone got one of these and give me an idea how to sort it ,thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 38 munsterabu

irishtear wrote: »
    And to add to the problem,I was making sure the taps were fully off and the left hand side of the tap came off in my hand,it still works but the spout wont stay upright now.Anyone got one of these and give me an idea how to sort it ,thanks .
    Hello irishtear, have you checked that it is n
    ot the toilet pump that is staying on?

NO,,,, never taught of that,,,nice one ,will check that now,Thanks Munsterabu

• Advertisement
Advertisement