Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

avent bottles gone funny colour!

Options
  • 30-09-2012 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anybody else had this problem. The lids,teets and white ring on top have gone a horrible orangey brown colour and I'm only using them 6 weeks! They look awful and I'm not happy :(
    Not only are they expensive on their own but because they all come as standard with number 2 teets on them I had to buy the number one's for them all so they have ended up costing me quite a bit! I have just emailed them about it but just wondering did any of you find the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If you wash them in the dishwasher they've gone a funny colour because of tomato based sauces washing at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I only washed them a few times in the dishwasher(out of laziness ha ha)but I always rinse plates etc before putting them into it. Maybe it is just from that and I know they're fine to use but they look horrible! Maybe just being silly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Try soaking them in Milton. It's worked on a lot of our Tommee Tippee's, though some of them are just too pink to come right back to the original colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I must try the milton,thanks! Never thought of that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I second trying the milton. I now soak my tommee tippees every 2 weeks to keep them nice and stain free. Especially now he eats carrots and then drinks from bottle they go orange!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Like January above, mine came out worse for wear after being in the dishwasher with stuff after a big Spagg Bol :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Inchinc7

Ditto on the Milton. I had the same problem with Avent bottles after a few times in the dishwasher which was out of laziness as well.

Personally I find Milton amazing for cleaning things and have used on saucepans and cleaning sink etc and the difference is unbelievable!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

We had this fight in our house!

I used the milton according to the directions, didnt do a great job esp on the lids.
    Did you use a bit more? Did the bottles smell of milton for ages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Just leave them pink I'd say. We sometimes got pink/orange bottles or lids back from the creche. It never bothered me.

Milton is a mild bleach. It is sodium hypochlorite at 2%, so it will indeed be great at cleaning things. Same ingredient in surface sprays etc. So yes, it will be more effective stronger. Household or laundry bleaches will be 3-8% sodium hypochlorite if you have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    We had this fight in our house!

I used the milton according to the directions, didnt do a great job esp on the lids.
    Did you use a bit more? Did the bottles smell of milton for ages?

I wash the bottles, teats etc as normal and then fill a big deep dish with about 6litres of water, add milton according to instructions and sometimes add another half a lid. Leave them in for about 30 mins, take them out, rinse them and sterilise in microwave. Never smell of milton at all then.

Advertisement