Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Mixed Martial Arts

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gypsyjujitsu

Train in a mcdojo? Me? I don't think so son!

You keep talking like that and i'll Dim Mak your ass!

Your going to use accupuncture on my ass????? I hope you're not somebodys uncle!

Its not good though that you are bad mouthing others. I never noticed that was a pillar for martial arts "I will bad mouth other clubs to the best of my ability, and will tell men I want to Dim mak their asses".
    But all joking aside, Think what your own instructor would say to see you speak ill of others. If Students are a reflection of their instructors, you not painting a very good picture about yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭waterfordkick

think its time to lock this thread.. We got the jist the WMA has closed down and a new club has opened... best of luck to the boys that have started it from the WKA. If they are keeping young kids active and the kids are enjoying it well good luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Your going to use accupuncture on my ass????? I hope you're not somebodys uncle!

Its not good though that you are bad mouthing others. I never noticed that was a pillar for martial arts "I will bad mouth other clubs to the best of my ability, and will tell men I want to Dim mak their asses".
    But all joking aside, Think what your own instructor would say to see you speak ill of others. If Students are a reflection of their instructors, you not painting a very good picture about yourselves.

:confused:

Not. sure. if. serious.

All joking aside, if you want to join a club because you like the idea of the kata's and the bowing/mediation/quasi-mystical side of martial art then WMA looks like it covers all that stuff pretty well.

If on the other hand you want to compete in combat sports, or learn realistic self defense you are better off looking elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Such snobbery on this thread now...."my karate kicks are better than yours", that is all we need next!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭ec18

we should all watch enter the dojo and relax :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

mozattack wrote: »
    Such snobbery on this thread now...."my karate kicks are better than yours", that is all we need next!

Any perceived snobbery is unintentional, but there is no getting away from the fact that if you want to train to actually fight then something like boxing or muay thai will serve you better than learning forms, and doing katas.

Advertisement