Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apache2 reverse proxies

Options
  • 30-09-2012 5:14pm

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is in the right place, feel free to move if needed.

I hope someone here could shine a light on an issue that I am having with apache2.

I have 2 servers with apache2 on each, which are on the same network with one router.

I have implemented what I have seen on guides on the net, on the landing server 'Apache2 reverse proxies'.

It works to a point as when I enter in the url of the server which is the backend server to be served, the url changes to 'https://mail.example.com/wordpress/' and not to the landing server as before, though the result is not the address which I entered.

I suspect that there was some mail program installed which is having a conflict, I had zimbra installed at one stage.

I would really appreciate if someone here who has a simliar setup would be so kind to offer some guidance.

Regards

James

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

NoDrama wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is in the right place, feel free to move if needed.

I hope someone here could shine a light on an issue that I am having with apache2.

I have 2 servers with apache2 on each, which are on the same network with one router.

I have implemented what I have seen on guides on the net, on the landing server 'Apache2 reverse proxies'.

It works to a point as when I enter in the url of the server which is the backend server to be served, the url changes to 'https://mail.example.com/wordpress/' and not to the landing server as before, though the result is not the address which I entered.

I suspect that there was some mail program installed which is having a conflict, I had zimbra installed at one stage.

I would really appreciate if someone here who has a simliar setup would be so kind to offer some guidance.

Regards

James

I'd say check your configuration file for any references to the mail.example.com/wordpress site.

I would also check the configuration guide on the apache.org website. Thet one you have linked to seems a little brief, from what I remember (it's been a while since I looked at this kind of stuff).

Advertisement