Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which iPhone Should I Get?

• 30-09-2012 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Doesn't Matter anymore!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

CeebzB wrote: »
    Hi There,
    I am looking to buy the knew iPhone 5, and I was wondering which iPhone 5 (The amount of storage 16GB, 32GB or 64GB) Which carrier, which plan and how to pay for the handset. I use my phone a fair bit but not excessively at all. I do't really call to much either but i do like to text and email and use a fair bit of internet and applications. I you can guide me as to which iPhone 5 to buy that would be great. I am currently on Vodafone on Pay as you Go and really want to change to bill pay but if you think pay as you go will be better than I'll stick with that!

Thanks a Million!

Dont be lazy, do a bit of research yourself. All the info is on all the carriers. DO the maths and see what the cheapest option is for you.

You should also be able to decide what capacity you need. Nobody can magically predict what you use your phone for.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hogzy wrote: »
    Dont be lazy, do a bit of research yourself. All the info is on all the carriers. DO the maths and see what the cheapest option is for you.

You should also be able to decide what capacity you need. Nobody can magically predict what you use your phone for.

+1

Without sounding too smart to the OP, how the hell are we meant to know what you need. If i i had deep pockets i would buy the 64gb version without fail, just to have that added space, would i use it, i dont know.

Meteor works for me at the moment as i buy direct from Apple and have a friends and family discounted plan with them but that may not work for you.

Do you want bill or PAYG.
    how much do you want to spend per month?

do you want to spend bug money now on the phone and get a realy cheap monthly tarrif on a sim only plan?
    do you want to pay alot less now for the phone but pay a higher monthly charge to the network?

loads of questions, not many answers OP.

kceire wrote: »
    Meteor works for me at the moment as i buy direct from Apple and have a friends and family discounted plan with them but that may not work for you.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Can you PM me details of this please!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I rang up about it the other day with emobile, to get it you or the new account holder need to have an eircom account number and its not available on the highest tariffs and is only available if someone is signing a new contract.

I still get the €10 euro eircom discount even though the account was closed ages ago and wasn't even in my name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Well done guys ,15,000 posts between ye and you slate a newbie.
    Hi op have if your quick..... as in tomorrow call in to an e mobile store ,ask for the all inclusive €34.50voucher package,unlimited everything pretty much for a normal user,you may have to pay a deposit for the unit but get it back at a later date.
    Good luck with the plan and on the forums :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

moonshadow wrote: »
    Hi op have if your quick..... as in tomorrow call in to an e mobile store ,ask for the all inclusive €34.50voucher package,unlimited everything pretty much for a normal user,you may have to pay a deposit for the unit but get it back at a later date.
    Hold on a minute, just cos someone is too lazy to research themselves and basically wants one of us to predict how many minutes texts or data they will need a month, nobody was slated

• Registered Users Posts: 27 CeebzB

?

OP just sent me this PM.

HAHAHA!!!!
    CeebzB wrote:
    Dont be so unkind on threads it's really stupid MAYBE!!!
    you should try and help people that ask things or just dont answer!

Thank you so much moonshadow someone who actually cares about threads!! I changed the original thread so i would stop being insulted!

:confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

moonshadow wrote: »

Thats a friends and family package. Can only be got using a code from emobile employees.

My wife works there. Got myself an iphone 4s at launch. Unlimited everything on it. its great

• Advertisement

What iPhone THREAD No.1

What iPhone THREAD No.2

What iPhone THREAD No.3

All the above posted by the OP, THe top 2 posted TODAY and ALL locked today
    OP, You are a joke!

What BMX THREAD No.1

What BMX THREAD No.2

I have

400 mins
    400 SMS
    2gb Data
    Free Meteor To Meteor Calls & Texts

€25 Per month.

My dad has the unlimited plan on eMobile, unlimited calls, texts, data for €34.50 per month.

My mate is an engineer for Meteor/eMobile.
    On my plan the iPhone 5 was 299 for the 16gb if i opted to get from them. Its also 299 for my dad on eMobile plan if he decides to upgrade.

You can get onto the eMobile plan with an Eircom account number i believe but there are no current Meteor offers/family and friends offers at present ;)

Thank you so much moonshadow someone who actually cares about threads!! I changed the original thread so i would stop being insulted!

Again, without soundingh smart, if you went over to the Motors forums and posted a new thread titled :

Wht car should i buy

You'd be hit with the same responce.

^^^
    Legend, Thanks a mill.

I have

400 mins
    400 SMS
    2gb Data
    Free Meteor To Meteor Calls & Texts

€25 Per month.

My dad has the unlimited plan on eMobile, unlimited calls, texts, data for €34.50 per month.

My mate is an engineer for Meteor/eMobile.
    On my plan the iPhone 5 was 299 for the 16gb if i opted to get from them. Its also 299 for my dad on eMobile plan if he decides to upgrade.

You can get onto the eMobile plan with an Eircom account number i believe but there are no current Meteor offers/family and friends offers at present ;)
    So ya get screwed on the price of the handset, i rang eMobile friday and they said it would cost €99 for the 16gb but i'd have to pay off 6 months of my contract to get the upgrade

guil wrote: »
    So ya get screwed on the price of the handset, i rang eMobile friday and they said it would cost €99 for the 16gb but i'd have to pay off 6 months of my contract to get the upgrade

yeah pretty much, thats why i upgrade every 2 years and i buy from apple direct. Although i got an S3 from them 2 weeks ago for €140 and sold it on Adverts on €450 two days later :D

So they screw me on some handsets and look after me on others :D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jonny Drama

Again, without soundingh smart, if you went over to the Motors forums and posted a new thread titled :

Wht car should i buy

You'd be hit with the same responce.

no you would not.

no you would not.

yes you would :

If i asked "Wgat Car should i buy"
    The next few posts would contain the following questions :
    • budget
    • engine size
    • mileage
    • petrol or diesel
    • any preferences
    • do i want new or 2nd hand
    • do i want a bangernomic
    • etc etc

no you would not.

Yes you most certainly would. There are plenty of people out there who have posted on the motors forum asking which car they should buy for €XXXX.

Its the same on the Computers forum. They even had to change the charter to instruct people to give details if asking for advice on what computer to buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Oh no you wouldn't.
    Oh yes you would.

What is this, panto rehearsals for Christmas?

Give over the lorrayiz.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement