Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Jumpers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jiminy Jilikers

Wow... they look really good.. looks like they wont be as difficult to find this year.. Think I'll go have a look around over the next couple of weeks.. really want something funny - a bit different to stand out.. Anyone any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Maggie 2

vicwatson wrote: »
    What? Christmas jumpers already. Jesus. Easter Eggs before Christmas next.
    Easter does come before Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭kodoherty93

H&M have really nice wool jumpers without any snow man or trees. That are really nice and kinda are hipster if you wanted to wear it more than once.

They're men's though

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

My puppy just got this one to match me and Al for our Christmas Party...

http://www.urbanpup.com/product.asp?PT_ID=54&numRecordPosition=&strProduct=Snowman_Sweater&P_ID=1198

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh, it's so cute!!! :D

• Advertisement

I got this super cute jumper in Pennys for €14

226762.JPG

Chewbacca got a new scarf €2

226763.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Is the dog scarf in Penneys? Gotta be a must-buy for my Yorkie too.

Basq wrote: »
    Is the dog scarf in Penneys? Gotta be a must-buy for my Yorkie too.

Ya got it in Pennys in Athlone.. they have a good bit in for dogs but I had ordered a jumper from urban pup (will post a pic of him wearing it tonight) so i only got him the scarf.

I promise this is my last Christmas Jumper I will buy this year for Me, Alan or the Dog!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/207771/226797.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

There was a amall shop in Dublin doing knitted waistcoats last Christmas.

Walk up Dame St away from Trinity & take a right just after where the protesters were camped out, as if your going down towards Temple Bar. Little shop on the Left with a Dublin Bikes stand outside.

Cost was around €20 I think, they had a few different designs to the pennys etc types

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

lockie1983 wrote: »
    This year we’ll be working in association with Christmas FM and Focus Ireland to raise money by having an official Christmas Jumper day. A portion of profits from the sale of the Christmas Jumpers will go toward the Christmas FM / Focus Ireland Project.

Taken from;

http://www.thecostumeshop.ie/blog/

I knew I wasn't going mad, haha!

Not sure if the same applies this year but I'm sure Ronan from ChristmasFM and thecostumeshop.ie can clarify that!

This year instead of making the donation per unit of Christmas jumpers, Christmas Fm needed a lead sponsor or it wouldn't be able to go on air so our new sister company Clothing.ie will be paying half the costs of financing the station as the co-sponsor and increasing its broadcasting reach. As you can imagine setting our a radio station is quite expensive and also we'll be making a minimum donation of five thousand to our (and Christmas FM's) charity partner for 2012 the ISPCC, hopefully more depending on how the sales of the Christmas jumpers go. Obviously without the support of the community we can't do these CSR projects which are financed from the Christmas Jumper range.

The reason our jumpers and dresses are on the more expensive side is because they are knitted designs, not sown on and have a wool content so they are warmer than some of the others on the market. Some cool new designs coming your way later in the month.
    Ladies_Santa.jpgsnowman_sleigh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sam1970

oh god and its only the 3rd of november but you have to love them mighr get one this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

conoridiot wrote: »
    There's some more good christmas jumpers at www.christmasjumpers.org, but again they're the same price range as funky. I assume the smaller companies can't match pennys economy of scale/are probably higher quality too

https://www.christmasjumpers.org/index.php/our-exchange-guarantee

Does this mean if you order one, get it and it's too big or small you can post it back for a better size?

You'd rather be able to try these things on to make sure they fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I spotted some crappy jumpers in Dunnes at the Bandon roundabout in Cork on Friday. Didn't get a good look, so have no ideas of prices, but would assume they're similar to Penny's.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The ones in Dunnes are €25..

.. nuts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

There's a shop on Temple Bar Square opposite the Quays Bar full of different Xmas Jumpers, Its true the Dunnes/Penneys Jumpers are not the same quality

• Registered Users Posts: 3 trishd83

Loads of neat ones around this year. I see http://www.crappychristmasjumpers.ie/ are donating 5% to Temple Street Hospital and the costume shop donate to charity as well.

Temple Bar Christmas Shop on Temple Bar Square make a donation on everything bought in the shop (Including Xmas Jumpers) to the only all Irish Child Cancer Charity "Aoibheanns Pink Tie"

Amazing work being done by Aoibheanns supporting not just the children but the Parents, Brothers and Sisters, Family etc in such hard circumstances

http://www.aoibheannspinktie.com/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This years selection from thecostumeshop.ie are available now;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81939523

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Apart from the likes of Penney's etc is there a shop in Dublin City that i can walk into and get a jumper.
    im after leaving it too later to order one, i need it asap. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    Apart from the likes of Penney's etc is there a shop in Dublin City that i can walk into and get a jumper.
    im after leaving it too later to order one, i need it asap. Thanks.

When do you need it for? Theres a shop on Temple Bar Square that has a wide selection

There is also a Christmas jumper shop on South William Street, Dublin 2. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Silas45

They have really nice ladies red jersey jumpers in dunnes. The woolly ones make me itchy!
    Have a picture of rudolph on them. 15 euro.

Deadly Christmas Jumpers on South Anne Street, just off Grafton Street do some good ones.
    They have one with Jesus on it with his arm around Santa! Good for the religious side of the festive season too. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zippy1991

Yo.

I was gonna head into Penneys today to look about a Christmas Jumper in City Centre. Also thought about Guinneys!! Do they do them?

Anyway, I really don't wanna spend more than €15-€20, Is this possible?

Online they are all around the €50 from what I can see.

Zippy1991 wrote: »
    Yo.

I was gonna head into Penneys today to look about a Christmas Jumper in City Centre. Also thought about Guinneys!! Do they do them?

Anyway, I really don't wanna spend more than €15-€20, Is this possible?

Online they are all around the €50 from what I can see.

Of course, Penneys and Dunnes have them for 20 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Any decent last minute christmas jumper retailers?

Will do a whistlestop tour to Penneys, Dunnes, and the hipster pop up ones in Temple Bar this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I bought the red one with the Christmas tree on it in Penneys for €15. Was surprised at how warm and good quality it feels... though I suspect it won't be as nice after a few washes. But thumbs up for Christmas jumpers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Dunnes have lovely Christmas Tshirts for men! So my son was happy on sat! :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I got a reindeer one from the costume shop. Will post up a picture of it later.

Advertisement