Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leixlip restaurant recommendation

Options
  • 30-09-2012 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hello,
    If anyone could recommend a nice restaurant in Leixlip I would be very grateful.
    Going by Tripadvisor:
    Becketts?
    the restaurant in The Courtyard Hotel?
    or would Carton House be too far away?
    Or is there somewhere else nicer?!
    Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

OP , give us a clue what sort of thing you want ....

Becketts is lovely ( little pricey IMO , although its 18 months since I was there )

Carton Hse , it's about 3 miles out ...... not my favourite TBh

Courtyard , nice enough , but standard 3* fare TBH.

Leixlip Hse is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Also Alvito's, DaVinci's, Ms Wong's...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭2011abc

Becketts - Dear and 12.5% service charge puh-lease!!!???But nice food .
    Courtyard - Slowish ,so-so ish
    Carton - Slowest service on Planet Earth!!!Nice if you survive the wait.(I dont think delay was due to waiting staff )
    Leixlip House - Very nice ,do some reasonable Table d'Hotes etc
    Springfield - Just had relations visit and had horrible experience -soggy 're-heated' food.Were refunded cost of meal .Personally on last visit a couple of years ago reckoned it was ok but nothing memorable ...like The Spa(nearer Lucan)
    DaVincis -A legend amongst local families.Ultimate child friendly restaurant.(But would suit couples later in evening)
    AlVitos -owned by Da Vincis team sometimes 'sub let'?Nice and again some good deals.

Maynooth is worth and has its own dining thread.Lucan is not great but Finnstown House out the Newcastle Rd is worth a trip .Like Becketts in many respects -bit cheaper...sometimes a bit inconsistent in quality.Fairly rubbery /fatty steak recently but ,man, its hard to get a good one anywhere .

My 2c ?!Head out to Dundrum Centre Jamie Oliver's new place is AMAZING!4 star food at TGI Fridays prices!If you dont get in (I did without reservation on Sunday afternoon round 3pm) Nandos(new but havent tried it ) or Cortinas (great Mexican place but will probably not survive the two new arrivals :-( ) are literally next door.

If its Leixlip only go for Leixlip House for a decent bit of quality grub in psoh surroundings .(At one stage they threw in a free nights accomodation with the 70/75 euro couples meal deal-only on Thursdays maybe !)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭piptypibe

Thank you very very much for all the replies.
    I still don't know though!!!
    It's for a special occasion - a family meal for four adults.
    It seems to be a toss up between Becketts and Leixlip House??
    Thanks again for the advice-it is very difficult to know where to go when you are not from the area!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭2011abc

You wont go wrong with Leixlip House .Just so youre aware if there are any inexperienced drivers involved ,its up a VERY steep hill and then turn sharp left into a tightish car park.Becketts is down a cul de sac lane and badly signposted ...You could find yourself recieving a nasty surprise(in the wallet!) at Becketts if anyone went a la carte !If its to be within easy walking distance of Leixlip town centre Becketts isnt really practical either unless good weather and not afraid of 10-15min walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

piptypibe wrote: »
    Thank you very very much for all the replies.
    I still don't know though!!!
    It's for a special occasion - a family meal for four adults.
    It seems to be a toss up between Becketts and Leixlip House??
    Thanks again for the advice-it is very difficult to know where to go when you are not from the area!

Agree with 2011abc , Leixlip Hse would be your man !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I agree with Leixlip House, great food. Becketts has a very small menu and is pretty expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

We ate in Becketts last week at night. Took the early bird set menu. 2 adults, 2 children and a bottle of wine. four courses, food was superb and it only came to about €100.
    That's not too bad considering the bottle of wine. About €75 without it.

Advertisement