Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So you're the last person in the Universe.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    I'd go to pharmacies/hospitals and take loads of drugs, then I'd steal really expensive cars, then I'd get the guns and walk the streets naked.

Hey, why wait for the end of humanity for that ?

Go to any Rag Week event in Colleges around the country and knock yourself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Why would you need guns if your walking around Ireland?:)
    Because they're fun to shoot and I might get freaked out with all the drugs I'd be taking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

Get a few parrots from the local petshop and teach them some words - just to have someone to talk with! Declare myself EarthKing. Invade Meath and take over. After that...Find a sheep, then,if I want, get married to said sheep by aforementioned parrot...Spend our honeymoon night in The Bertie Suite in St. Lukes, Drumcondra. Look behind the sofa there and find lots of cash. Use that cash to buy a nice house for me and sheepbride to get on the property ladder...

Next I'm certain that suddenly people would start to reappear again. Some would be salespeople advising me to release the equity in my new house. Some would be canvassing for FiannaFail. Ah, balls! Just when I thought I had the world to myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

TheUsual wrote: »
    Hey, why wait for the end of humanity for that ?

Go to any Rag Week event in Colleges around the country and knock yourself out.
    They have drugs but they don't have the good stuff. Pharmaceutical grade opiates is where it's at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

I would relocate to a small hydro station in Ireland, Iniscarra would be ideal would good surrounding farm land. Use the power to create a small energized island on the surrounding network. It would take a lot of work and planning and research but would supply myself with a fuel generator in the mean time.

Acquire farm machinery, fuel and seeds and plough a small section to supply myself with fresh vegetables. use greenhouses to grow fruit. Get a goat, 2-3 cows and a dozen hens. I would adopt a number of pets, mostly dogs and a few cats to for protection, company and pest control.

Loot bookshops particularly how to do books, cant bake to save my life. Loot music and entertainment shops, supermarkets for non-perishables and medical supplies. Then somehow try to enjoy life and keep my mind active despite the crippling loneliness and longing for human company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭rubadubduba

I would get myself a female gorilla. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

I think id do the oul raw liver and roll trick. Dont think id like sticking it into a animal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I'd fart quite loudly and never feel ashamed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

First off I'd take that beauty of a white Ford Mustang from that car dealer in front of Bewleys hotel at Newlands Cross on the Naas road. Raid the curragh barracks and any military base I could find for guns, ammo etc.

I'd then scour the country to set up a self sustainable farm with generators, solar panels, live stock and the likes. Grab every "for dummies book", learn to fly a plane and hopefully plan a permanent move somewhere abroad with my new found, vast general knowledge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

If anyone is really interested in survivalism, look no further than this site:

http://www.ps-survival.com/

14.1 GB of files of instructive documents/magazine articles with everything from basic medical care to creating your own electricity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Enjoy the empty roads and the petrol while it lasts (petrol will go off and the roads will soon be covered in green shoite and trees so you cant drive fast on them)

Do a bit of farming, bit of chainsawing (with the electric saw), grow some biodiesel for the tractor and the genny. might put up a few solar panels or just move into Iniscarra or Ardnacrusha and have free power on demand and save myself the trouble.

Hunt for a bit of meat at the weekend, to keep a sense of normality in my life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

.................... No electricity unless you can haul a generator home.

Bring my laptop to the generator, much easier than hauling a generator around :P

If there is really no electricity, I would use whatever battery power that was left in my computer to start a thread on boards about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

irish-stew wrote: »
    I'm sure the Ikea Cafe would have some.

No electricity though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,567 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

fire + water + teabag = tea

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Savage924

Hmm a hard one. I'd probably get some sort of dog to keep me company. I think first I'd probably just move into the square(<<closest shopping center) and farm as much grass as possible , drive around and shoot things/break things , read books , be naked all the time. Then just sail around the world and get stoned everywhere. Sound's fun but you'd always be missing something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Get somewhere with a better climate for a start

There's nothing like a good apocalypse to get the travel juices flowing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,256 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

MaxSteele wrote: »
    First off I'd take that beauty of a white Ford Mustang from that car dealer in front of Bewleys hotel at Newlands Cross on the Naas road. Raid the curragh barracks and any military base I could find for guns, ammo etc.

I'd then scour the country to set up a self sustainable farm with generators, solar panels, live stock and the likes. Grab every "for dummies book", learn to fly a plane and hopefully plan a permanent move somewhere abroad with my new found, vast general knowledge.

How exactly does one learn to fly a plane on your own?
    Plenty of parachutes involved I'm thinking...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

GreeBo wrote: »
    How exactly does one learn to fly a plane on your own?
    Plenty of parachutes involved I'm thinking...

Get the plane off the ground. get to where you want to go and then take a parachute and jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Headline Glastonbury. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

I'd make loads of test tube babies and save the human race...

...oh wait, that would mean I'd have to babysit them all...

not worth it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,256 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Big Steve wrote: »
    Get the plane off the ground. get to where you want to go and then take a parachute and jump.

Ok, so you reckon you can successfully get a plane off the ground with no training.

Whats the first button you press?
    How do you navigate?

I declare shenanigans on your ideas!

A boat is much more likely to succeed, though I'd be taking the train myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Have a poo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭Wolfruin

get my uncles house grow a few crops and over time read every book i can i maybe the last man alive but least for once id be the smartest man in the room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I don't I'd immediately go mental and start driving mega cars and stuff. I'd always be afraid that if I did, and I got injured then I wouldn't have anyone to fix it, and thus I'd just kill myself.

I'd raid the local shops for food, smokes, get some guns/ammo, read, learn how to get electricity and what not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

What do you do? Everyone just disappeared. There's no bodies or anything, they all just vanished.

This might be very different for some if it weren't for that bit.

Personally, I'd go to Dublin Zoo and open the cages There's nobody to feed them, or people's pets, so I'd give them a chance. Much like the Army of the 12 Monkeys.

Then I would eat all the tasty things while they were still fresh.

Finally I would hop into something nippy at the airport and see if I could get it off the ground and slam it into Liberty Hall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

So, I'm the last person in the universe? I would ask, of all the countless galaxies, of all the possible infinite amount of planets...why us? (rhetorical btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

irish-stew wrote: »
    I'd have a highly evolved cat, a service droid, a hologram as my friends, and float endlessly through space on a mining ship.

Sounds like the plot to Ringworld.

Advertisement