Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other singles male/female meetups?

Options
  • 30-09-2012 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi
    New to cork after living abroad, just looking to broaden my circle of friends (who are for the most part married and/or with kids)
    Interested in drinks/dinner/cinema/outdoor activities.... easy going really...
    Not looking for a speed dating night just for other single people as opposed to going out with couples....

Any suggestions welcome.....

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

cate3may wrote: »
    Hi
    New to cork after living abroad, just looking to broaden my circle of friends (who are for the most part married and/or with kids)
    Interested in drinks/dinner/cinema/outdoor activities.... easy going really...
    Not looking for a speed dating night just for other single people as opposed to going out with couples....

Any suggestions welcome.....

Thanks

Hi cate3may, I am organising a dinner and drinks for Saturday 13th October, there are a lot of new people going and you are more than welcome to come if you like?

The thread is here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056758282

I don't know whether most people going are single or not but anyway you are more than welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Hi Cate, I'm in much the same situation, a large group of friends who have married and have kids so I'm also looking to meet new people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

angeline wrote: »
    Hi Cate, I'm in much the same situation, a large group of friends who have married and have kids so I'm also looking to meet new people.

and if you go to the dinner / drinks you will get to meet Angeline ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭cate3may

Hi there
    thanks for both these messages. Sounds great, thanks for the invitation
    I'll look up the thread and join the list.
    Looking forward to it! :-)

Cate

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

kingtut wrote: »
    and if you go to the dinner / drinks you will get to meet Angeline ;)

Kingtut - your such a matchmaker !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 MrSpike2012

Try www.meetup.ie they have two cork social groups or Macra is another good socializing group.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Leeside_Social

Check out Leeside Macra.

We're a social group based in Cork City and attract members from all over the city and surburbs!

Every month is organise events/activities.

Why not come along to one our monthly meetings....NEXT MEETING IS TUESDAY 9TH October at 8.30pm SHARP! Upstairs in Le Chateau Bar, Patricks St.

Any questions just email us on:

Leesidemacra@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭cate3may

Check out Leeside Macra.

We're a social group based in Cork City and attract members from all over the city and surburbs!

Every month is organise events/activities.

Why not come along to one our monthly meetings....NEXT MEETING IS TUESDAY 9TH October at 8.30pm SHARP! Upstairs in Le Chateau Bar, Patricks St.

Any questions just email us on:

Leesidemacra@gmail.com

Thanks a million, had a few recommendations for the group so have emailed, am now on the list, have joined the facebook group and should be at the meeting on tuesday night! :-)

Thanks
    Cate

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MrSpike2012

Aint there a women called Sheryl in charge of the Leeside Macra club, from what i heard she is mad as a hatter....ha ha

Has anyone ever been?
    cate3may wrote: »
    Thanks a million, had a few recommendations for the group so have emailed, am now on the list, have joined the facebook group and should be at the meeting on tuesday night! :-)

Thanks
    Cate

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

Aint there a women called Sheryl in charge of the Leeside Macra club, from what i heard she is mad as a hatter....ha ha

Has anyone ever been?

From what you've heard? Well whoever told you that must be socially inept ;) I think I know the girl who you are talking about, but to be honest, Anytime I spoke to her she seemed really nice..

And in answer to your second question, yes I have been out with Leeside Macra on a number of occasions. Although, not as often as I would have liked due to work and other time constraints. I am really considering becoming a member this year though. Doesn't matter what your background is, or what you're into, they really have something for everyone. :p

I know its just my two cents, but if you're on the lookout for something like that, then I recommend you give it a try! Well worth it.. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement