Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy Black Ops 2 (Prices, stores, etc..)

• 30-09-2012 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

So where is the best value to buy the new black ops on ps3. All advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

No harm to you Paddy but your best bet is to head into your nearest large town and check out HMV, Xtra Vision, Game, Gamestop etc and just see on the day who is doing what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭wilford

I've always found that Tesco are the cheapest for most new games usually 4/5 euros when they go on sale first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

So where is the best value to buy the new black ops on ps3. All advice welcome.

Tesco in Letterkenny normally sell it at midnight so thats your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Tesco. MW3 was €5 cheaper than everywhere else on launch day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

actually anyone know if you get the nuketown bonus map if you pre order the standard version in HMV?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 VINCWM

You might have to wait a few years from Black Ops 3to come out.

All jokes aside, Black Ops 2 in your local HMV will most likely be your best bet. Pre-order it for extras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

tesco was the best price for mw3 and they are open at midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 1 janet87

I want have a try for play this game

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

janet87 wrote: »
    I want have a try for play this game

You Jane, Me Tarzan

• Site Banned Posts: 12 gamerguy89

i got MW3 when it came out in tesco last year for about 15 euro cheaper than gamestop (€40)
    normally HMV are the cheapest at the moment the average price of new games in there is €47.99 where as gamestop is €59.99. as for the bonus nuketown map for the pre-order i think you can get that anywhere you pre-order as it maybe the case that it comes with all copys of the game like borderlands 2 premier club. (that also was meant to be a pre-order bonus but it was actually with all first run copys of the game that came into the shop)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Pre-Ordered the Hardened Edition in HMV Henry St today.
    €5 Deposit.
    It was priced at €69.99 I think on the computer screen the till op opened up to book my copy.

He knew nothing about the "DLC Season Pass".
    Anyone know when/where we can get that ?

Apparently Elite is free this year but it does not contain all the DLC obviously so you need to purchase the map packs individually or buy them in bulk with the "DLC Season Pass".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gamesnash.ie are selling it for €59.99 for PS3 and Xbox. They also have a Boardsies deal in place where you get a voucher for their site when you preorder Black Ops 2. The more people that preorder, the higher the voucher will be. Full details in link below.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056771401

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

claiva wrote: »
    Pre-Ordered the Hardened Edition in HMV Henry St today.
    €5 Deposit.
    It was priced at €69.99 I think on the computer screen the till op opened up to book my copy.

He knew nothing about the "DLC Season Pass".
    Anyone know when/where we can get that ?

Apparently Elite is free this year but it does not contain all the DLC obviously so you need to purchase the map packs individually or buy them in bulk with the "DLC Season Pass".

Yea that's the same deal I went for. Not sure if its worth the extra €20 - €30 tbh. A steal case, soundtrack, coins....wow my mind is blown.! :mad:

Anyone any idea how much the Season Pass will be if it doesn't come with Hardened/Prestige edition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Anyone know how much the standard edition is in HMV ? I've pre-ordered from Amazon for 50 yoyos but delivery might take a few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Yea that's the same deal I went for. Not sure if its worth the extra €20 - €30 tbh. A steal case, soundtrack, coins....wow my mind is blown.! :mad:

Anyone any idea how much the Season Pass will be if it doesn't come with Hardened/Prestige edition?

Aren't they advertising the season pass as 34.99 sterling and 49.99 dollars. I presume we will be looking at around 40 euro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

Anybody know what Gamestop are like for on day delivery with An Post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Both Gamestop and HMV have said today they are all out of pre-ordered special editions :O

Anyone any advice? I'm after the hardened edition...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

everlast75 wrote: »
    Both Gamestop and HMV have said today they are all out of pre-ordered special editions :O

Anyone any advice? I'm after the hardened edition...

http://www.xtra-vision.ie/cod-black-ops2

yimrsg wrote: »

Cheers - they are saying they don't have a price yet, but it will be between 80e and 100e?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Cheers - they are saying they don't have a price yet, but it will be between 80e and 100e?

Maybe throw down a deposit to hold it and see what it is nearer to release day and you can decide whether it's worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Just picked up the deluxe edition for PC for 30 euro. Have to wait a week until it's activated on steam though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Anybody have the price for the standard edition in shops?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

Luap wrote: »
    Anybody have the price for the standard edition in shops?

its between 55-60 euro almost every were, if you go to tesco on the midnight release you can normally get a few euro cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Just picked up the deluxe edition for PC for 30 euro. Have to wait a week until it's activated on steam though :(

Online store? Got the link?

yimrsg wrote: »
    Maybe throw down a deposit to hold it and see what it is nearer to release day and you can decide whether it's worth it.

Went there last night and slapped 20e deposit down. HMV are selling the hardened edition for 89.99e, and the guy in Xtravision reckons it'll be 79.99?

Midnight release too, which is what I'm after..

Let the countdown commence ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

My nephew in Malaysia wants to buy CODBLOPS2; what I figured I would do was buy a retail copy and send him the serial key. Does CODBLOPS2 use Steamworks?

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Stopped by HMV earlier and the guy I dealt with didn't know how much they'll be selling black ops for. Was somewhat rude too.

Me: Hi, how much will you be selling black ops for ?
    Him: Its not out yet.
    Me: I know that but how much will it be to pre-order it ?
    Him: 3 euro
    Me: Ok and how much will I pay for the game when I collect it ?
    Him: I don't know, it's not out yet. Probably 47 or 50 euros.

After all that, does anyone know how much HMV are selling the standard edition for ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Nobody knows the price they'll charge until a day before release I'd imagine. I'd imagine it's gonna be 60 everywhere for the standard version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I'd imagine it's gonna be 60 everywhere for the standard version.

I doubt it, I'd say it will be similar prices to the Halo 4 launch with HMV (€45) and Argos(€44) probably being the cheapest. However with Argos you probably can't preorder to get the nuke town bonus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I doubt it, I'd say it will be similar prices to the Halo 4 launch with HMV (€45) and Argos(€44) probably being the cheapest. However with Argos you probably can't preorder to get the nuke town bonus

Hopefully! I preordered in HMV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭OneIdea

For the xBox 360

Ordered today through Littlewoods €57, expected delivery the 19th, but I'll probable get it on the Friday 16th.

I used a 10% discount code and paid € 51.30

There are however 20% codes off over a €50 order, which would be €45.60

(Includes the Nuketown 2025 bonus multi-player map)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bearman

Black ops 2 PS3 & Xbox €49.99 for standard + Nuketown map and €69.99 for the Hardened edition in HMV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I thought most people regretted buying the special editions last time and said they'd just buy the standard one this time?

I for one won't be giving them anything extra, just the game itself will do for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭jeffred

Online store? Got the link?

Where did you get it for 30 euro ?- i'd be tempted to get it for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

anyone got any dispatch emails yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Mason Storm

Friends, I see no mention on gamestop.ie of the Nuketown 2025 map. Anyone know if it's included or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Anyone know how much it'll be in Tesco? It was €43 last year with a free pot noodle..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Friends, I see no mention on gamestop.ie of the Nuketown 2025 map. Anyone know if it's included or not?

I bought it in gamestop bricks n mortar. Went something like this.

"Does it include Nuketown 2025?"
    "Yes!"
    *fixes shopkeep with icy stare*
    "You sure!"
    "y-y-y-yes, I think so but let me check"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Tesco should be the cheapest here tomorrow. Here's what its going for in the UK.
    SAINSBURY'S - £TBC, or £32.99 when you spend £30 or more in store.
    TESCO - £39, or £25 when you buy selected Xbox LIVE Points (2100 MSP - £18/4200 MSP - £35/Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership - £36) or PlayStation Network Cards.
    Morrisons - £39.99
    HMV - £42.99,
    GAME - £TBC, or 99p when you trade in two selected titles. Click here for list of accepted titles.
    ARGOS - £42.99

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Liffey valley hmv are doing a midnight launch and its 50 euro for the standard edition (friend works there)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

any chance tesco or somewhere has started selling it early is there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Ya 50 euro for Standard edition in HMV Cork with midnight opening. Haven't it pre-ordered but the fella working there said they would have plenty of copies.

Any price for Tescos? They have a 24 hour here in Cork I hope are doing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Any confirmation on what it'll cost in xtravision?

e_e wrote: »
    Any confirmation on what it'll cost in xtravision?

The hardened edition will be 89.99e in Xtravision - just rang them there :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

The hardened edition will be 89.99e in Xtravision - just rang them there :(

Ouch... have a stack of games to trade in, better find em all when im home from work!

...and the standard edition?

Nevermind, just popped in there and said it'd likely be 59.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Standard edition in Tesco(Paul Street in Cork but I presume every Tesco) for 45 euro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

tesco mitchelstown, didnt get any delivery of black ops 2 :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

is this out tonight at midnight ??

• Advertisement
Advertisement