Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop To Sony TV + USB Wifi Dongle - Streaming ????

• 30-09-2012 7:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

Hoping this is the best place to post this , and streaming probably isn't the right term .

My sister called me over to try and help her connect her laptop to her TV , easy I thought so I connect the laptop to the tv via HDMI cable and it worked without any problems . She had also bought a Sony Wifi dongle and this connected up to her modem/router and on out to the internet , no problem as well . Also I could get to files on the laptop over the wifi and although I didn't try and play any of them I presume you could ( but it would only see files in her Documents ) .

What I was thinking and she was hoping was that she could sit on the couch with the laptop and play something and get it to show on the TV over the wireless the same as you would if it was connected via HDMI .

Is this possible or am I trying to get ahead of the tech ????

TV - Sony KDL 40cx520
    Laptop Sony Viao
    USB wifi dongle - Sony uwa-br100aep

Thanks

John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Dazzling D

You are ahead of the tech. What you are trying to do will come into TV sets very soon but at the minute it is laggy and buggy so has not been enabled on many devices - It's called Wireless Display or WiDi

You can get some of the functionality with DLNA for music, movies and photos on the TV she has so maybe look into that.

Advertisement