Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sun holiday with 11 month old - what do I bring?

Options
  • 30-09-2012 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

We are going to an apartment for a ten day holiday. The weather should be mid 20's.

To all the experienced holidayers out there, what go I need to bring for baby?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Maggie 2

A Nanny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Bring the essentials you need for your kid to run a day at home, add in sun cream and a hat?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

Bring the essentials you need for your kid to run a day at home, add in sun cream and a hat?

Sounds about right :-)

Enjoy your holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Yup, suncream, sunhat as above, and maybe a UV suit? I think i got mine in tesco last year. They are 50+ protection for running around and you can stick a swim nappy underneath for the pool. Don't need to worry about the cream washing off.

More clothes for you than normal maybe. Our first holiday with baby I packed plenty for her, but forgot I go through way more clothes myself with her around... Messy eaters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Ellsbells

Thanks and where did you get your UV suits? They are out of the shops at the moment. Am very conscious of making sure baba is covered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Mine was from tesco. Or maybe borrow one from someone you know. If you can't get one, try argos? They have an floatsuit, which you can leave uninflated and it works as a uv suit as well.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9283316/Trail/searchtext%3EZOGGS+FLOATSUIT.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

Try www.babytravelshop.ie for the swim suits, sunglasses etc...

I got a 1 tog travel sleeping bag for our first sun hol with baby. It meant he could sleep in the buggy while we had an evening meal out and then transfer him to a cot when we got back to the apartment without having to disturb him.

A snooze shade for the buggy could be useful as well.

Enjoy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I don't know if a uv suit is necessary for an 11 month. In my experience babies get cold quite quickly in temps of mid 20's. It was mid 20's in Tenerife when my son was 13 months and we had him in the pool for max 10 minutes. It was early 30's on our hols this month and our 20 month old son still got quite cold when he was out of the water and in his uv suit. And he's now running around. One day I had to wrap him in a towel and hug him to warm him up and it was a scorching day.

I'd be more inclined to leave him/her in ordinary clothes and strip off temporarily and use a swim nappy if you're going in the sea/pool. Then quickly back into warmer clothes.

You need hats, shorts/skirts, tshirts, a 1 tog sleep bag as ariana said, a parasol for your buggy for extra protection from sun. Factor 50 sun cream. A sippy cup or bottle full of water which you give regularly so you can monitor how much they drink. Avoid the sun between 12-3.30 so it's a good time for a nap a d a long lunch.

A couple of new toys and books as a distraction on the plane are useful too.

Advertisement