Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where live-Inchicore, Cabra, Navan Rd?

Options
  • 30-09-2012 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Looking to buy before end of year. Main criteria is somewhere close (ish) to city centre, also looking for somewhere close to good schools, with 3 beds. budget is 200k max. Son is at crèche in Kilmainham and would prefer to keep him there. Anyone any views on which of 3 areas above would be best? Thanks, any feedback/advice really appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ciaran_h

Naval Rd is best of the 3 .....other 2 are pretty similar

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Koala14

When you say other 2 pretty similar, do you mean similarly dodgy Ciaran H? Navan Rd lot pricier than other 2 (with good reason maybe?)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Inchicore is a grand spot, Tesco Express, Spar, take aways, pubs, etc... down the road to Kilmainham, few schools and Luas/buses to and from town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

Inchicore would make sense given your wish to be near Kilmainham, and would be within your budget. The Bulfin estate (Bulfin Rd, Kickham Rd, Anner Rd etc.) is quiet and settled so might be worth having a look at, and is well served by bus and Luas. The only catch is that a lot of these properties are either 2 bed or have had the third bedroom converted to a bathroom, so there may be limited choice.

D.

Koala14 wrote: »
    When you say other 2 pretty similar, do you mean similarly dodgy Ciaran H? Navan Rd lot pricier than other 2 (with good reason maybe?)

No I dont mean they're dodgy I mean they're very similar old working class areas with a lot of young people that bought there to be close to town. Navan road is the posher area of the 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 dublinlad12345

Inchicore is close to crumlin and drimnagh so AVOID!!!!

And what do u know about crumlin or drimnagh? Muppet

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dublinlad12345

Live in crumlin now and have done me whole life, muppet. It's an absolute ****king shiit hole and always has been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Lads, no more personal abuse.

Inchicore is quite a nice area these days. Lots of younger people have bought around there, and theres a nice vibe. Why not find an area you like and rent for a while there to test the waters.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

I've lived in Inchicore for nearly 2 years now and I think it's a lovely area. Plenty of options for getting into the city centre, Tesco and Spar, walking distance to the memorial gardens, LOI football on your doorstep...

As has been mentioned the Bulfin Estate is pretty settled and always seems quiet enough. The only thing putting me off the area is that the basement car park of the complex I live in was totally flooded last year. But that shouldn't affect you if you're looking for a house.

As for not buying there as it's near Crumlin etc. etc. If you to avoid buying somewhere because it's near another area you would never buy anywhere in the city!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Koala14 wrote: »

Just off the Navan road, 3 bed with attic conversion (4 bed) bit of work needed inside sold €180.000 few weeks ago, very close to 4/5 schools, very quite area.

Bargains out there if you look around.

Advertisement