Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30, female, 12stone, advice NEEDED

Options
  • 30-09-2012 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all, so after reading some posts it sounds like there are an AWFUL lot of people here who know their schizzle when it comes to fitness! So here is my situation: female, 12stone, 5ft 4in, size 12-14 clothes, office job in front of a computer all day which i feel so stressed from at the end of the day all i want to do is crash in front of the telly.

A few years ago I was a size 6-8 so the weight has gradually crept on and on through a bad diet and not exercising enough (lets call a spade a spade here!). For personal reasons I have reached a point where its almost like I have no choice but to lose the weight if I want to be a more confident happy person. Also just sick of feeling sluggish, tired and chubby all the time!

I know I need to create a calorie deficit in order to lose weight - simples :) but my questions for all the experts here are:

- what do I need to be doing in the gym (5 sessions per week)?
    - do i cut out bread?
    - is it better to get protein from meat and eggs or to get into the habit of shakes with whey protein?
    - i can only go to the gym in the evenings - what should i eat after this bearing in mind im usually more hungry before i go than after?

Any advice/home truths really appreciated. Thanks a million :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Hi,

I would never call myself an expert but here is my 2 cent !

Your diet is going to be the main factor in losing weight so obviously get that sorted.

To answer your questions :

If you are going to do 5 sessions - Mon Wed Fri - Full Body Weights (make sure to take a rest day inbetween) . Light cardio on other 2 days

Bread - if you want to lose weight I'd cut it out but the odd sandwich isn't going to derail your efforts.

Probably better to get your protein from real food but protein shakes are grand for convenience.

Maybe a banana or something light before the gym and have your dinner afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 zarazoe

Thank you Tommyboy! Great advice :)

Advertisement