Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property price register

Options
  • 30-09-2012 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

The new property price register shows six homes sold in charlesland so far this year between 105 and 260k. (although the 105k one says not full market price?)
    Interesting site to keep an eye on actual selling prices.
    Www.propertypriceregister.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Great having that website now. Be even better if you could see if they were 2 or 3 beds. Just out of curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

foxy06 wrote: »
    Great having that website now. Be even better if you could see if they were 2 or 3 beds. Just out of curiosity.

Yeah was thinking the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Interesting site. I'm amazed at how low houses in Redford are selling in comparison to Rathdown, Applewood or Heatherview. Looks like some bargains to be had.

Swanner wrote: »
    Interesting site. I'm amazed at how low houses in Redford are selling in comparison to Rathdown, Applewood or Heatherview. Looks like some bargains to be had.

I noticed that myself but I think a lot of them are 2 beds. Hopefully they add to the site to see house size instead of having to Google every house individually. 200k for 3 bed in redford is a bargain. 2 bed not so much

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

The site is based on information passed to the Revenue Commissioners - it will only provide a basic description of the type of house - pretty useless without a lot of additional work..

The Captcha is completely redundant and very annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the data is available for re-use, & a few of the guys on the Property Pin have already put up better versions of the database:

this version here with no captcha, and instant links to maps and google search:
    http://yellowschedule.com/house_price_database_ireland/

and here's the database overlaid onto Google Maps (2012 only so far):
    http://tinyurl.com/9rvxfqp

the input data is a bit shoddy because its entered by the vendor's estate agent apparently.

The "not full market price" thing is where joint owners buy each other out (e.g. after a divorce/seperation, or family members buying off part of an inheritance)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

loyatemu wrote: »
    The "not full market price" thing is where joint owners buy each other out (e.g. after a divorce/seperation, or family members buying off part of an inheritance)
    what about alsopp auctions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tonio 50

Our house bought last August is not on the database. When I email them, the email bounces back!

Tonio 50 wrote: »
    Our house bought last August is not on the database. When I email them, the email bounces back!

You sure its yours?! Seriously though if you have a look at the accomodation forum there's a thread for the ppr and some of the posters have pointed out ridiculous mistakes and they are having the same problem with emails bouncing back. Hopefully just teething problems.

• Advertisement

what about alsopp auctions?

they're the very definition of "market price"
    Tonio 50 wrote: »

its full of typos - search for the area not the street

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tonio 50

loyatemu wrote: »
    they're the very definition of "market price"

its full of typos - search for the area not the street

Did that...definitely not there

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Jimjay wrote: »
    Interesting site to keep an eye on actual selling prices.
    Www.propertypriceregister.ie

Yes, it makes for very interesting reading alright.
    Basically the prices are 50% of the peak values, quite incredible really.

Advertisement