Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tekkit Server

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Captain Albection

Very sorry to hear that Sean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Sorry to hear that man :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭Jos eph

Sorry to hear that Sean :(

For the maybe 6 people that know, I'm making a website for the server (all from scratch, apart from the forums section as that would take weeks to do from scratch), and I have just gotten over a huge hurdle in the progress of the website, and that, was learning how to actualy create websites, its coming along nicely, and should be done by monday :P

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭natnif36

Cool! Hopefully it goes well
    I presume it will contain more than the rules-like the current site?
    Will there be pictures of stuff from the server etc?

natnif36 wrote: »
    Cool! Hopefully it goes well
    I presume it will contain more than the rules-like the current site?
    Will there be pictures of stuff from the server etc?

I have pretty much just completed the rules, and each section gets its own page (because otherwise the background image just keeps looping) and i might consider putting an images tab, but not to sure how that would work, ill put up some screenshots in a while, just gotta finish typing out the staff list (need something for the main page :P ) and also there will be a forum, so we will have a forum for just the server alone :D

Ok heres the website link: http://tektopia.dx.am/ You can access the forums by presseing the forums button (somehow, 2 people have already asked me how to get to the forums... ) yea, it still needs a logo or something to put up the top, then something to go in the "coming soon" tab, but other than that, its ok :D

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

Please whitelist me

TonyEricsson

RichieD wrote: »
    Please whitelist me

TonyEricsson

Added :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Very sorry to hear that Sean.
    Kenno90 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that man :(
    Jos eph wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Sean :(

Thank You
    Ok heres the website link: http://tektopia.dx.am/ You can access the forums by presseing the forums button (somehow, 2 people have already asked me how to get to the forums... ) yea, it still needs a logo or something to put up the top, then something to go in the "coming soon" tab, but other than that, its ok :D

Looks Good. Just in time for the following

New Rank Structure, Restrictions and Penal Code

Ranks

Prisoner: You have been a bad boy and are in jail

Builder: You are new to the server or have done something bad and been demoted.

Trusted: You have been on the server without breaking the rules for 1 week. You are considered to know the rules and to follow them

Doantor: You have been generous and supported the server. You will receive a reward for this.

Mod: Tasked with enforcing the rules

Admin: Tasked with running the server

The following recipes have been removed from server for safety:
    Nuke, Nova Catalyst, Nova Cataclysm, Catalytic Lens, Hyperkinetic Lens, Infernal Armor, Abyss Helmet, Gravity Greaves, Hurrican Boots, Mercurial Eye, Watch of Fowing Time, World Anchor, Dimensional Anchor, Anchor Cart, Teleport Tether, Dynamite, Crystal Chest, DM Pedestel, Canon, Crossbow, Firerod, Blunderbuss, Blowgun, Musket, Javelin, Evertide Amulet, Volcanite maulet, Ring of Ignition, Ring of Arcana, Mining Laser, Red Matter, Alchemy Bag, Wireless redstone devices, Detector cable.

The following items will not be available until you are trusted:

Destruction Catalyst, Project table, Philosophers Stone, Condenser, Dark Matter, Swiftwold Rending Gale, Archangels Smite, Nuclear Reactor, Quarry.

The following items will be gifted to Donators:

Donations up to €5: Set of Red Matter Tools, Alchemy Bag, 10 Red Matter, 1 Extra Red Matter for each 10 cent donated.
    Donations up to €10: In addition to the above you will get another 20 Red Matter, a stack of interdiction torches, 1 Quarry, 1 Energy Link
    Donations over €10: In addition to the above you will get another 30 Red Matter, 1 Nuclear Reactor, 6 Reactor Chambers, 2 Teleporters, 1 MFSU and a stack of glass fibre cable.

Server Rules:
    EMC Farms: Only one per person. It must be efficient and not wasteful.
    Collector Flowers: Only one per person, maximum 16 collectors and 5 relays
    Portals: Portals Are disabled. Communal Portal Available at Spawn.
    No Looting, Stealing, Griefing, Begging or Trespassing
    Test Computercraft programs on single player first
    Quarries must be placed by Admin
    Only pvp with mutual consent
    Nuclear reactors must be cooled and encased in 2 layers of reenforced stone. Get admin approval before placing. Mark 1 setup only.
    No trading restricted items or their derivatives between ranks.
    No condensing Red Matter

Penalties for Breaking the Rules:
    1st Offence: Caution - You will be demoted for 7 days and be placed on probation. You are only entitled to one caution in your server lifetime. If the mod/admin decides your offence is serious enough they can skip the caution
    2nd Offence: Jail - You will be Jailed for 7 days and demoted for a further 7. If an admin decides your offence is serious enough you will be banned.
    3rd Offence - You will be struck with the ban hammer

EDIT: You might note that the only way to have red matter is to be given it. So if someone who isn't a donator or mod has red matter or red matter items it's safe to say they are cheating.

• Advertisement

Also TekkitRestrict is gone because it was terrible. Borderguard is also gone because it was cramping my style. Mods should now be able to spawn stuff too. Lag should be reduced because permission based crafting is all but gone.

You said that the recipes for wireless redstone are removed-however mods can spawn stuff in, is wireless redstone banned (like nukes) or just uncraftable (like a like alchemy bags) because a certain mod has some wireless redstone used in his elevator (built by me)-and I was wondering if I needed to change that to regular redstone/red alloy wire for him? (He could do it either)

This may already be fixed, or may not-I am not sure

You said that the recipes for wireless redstone are removed-however mods can spawn stuff in, is wireless redstone banned (like nukes) or just uncraftable (like a like alchemy bags) because a certain mod has some wireless redstone used in his elevator (built by me)-and I was wondering if I needed to change that to regular redstone/red alloy wire for him? (He could do it either)

This may already be fixed, or may not-I am not sure

Existing stuff seems to be ok. If I find a fix i will add the recipe back.

Ok, thank you :D

I was, FYI referring to Joe-probs not my business, but I placed it and was just checking

In reference to the incident last night, I've read the chat log. It seems this whole problem stemmed from a comment made by yleecoyote in relation to living in a basement. Be a bit more mindful of your comments in the future ylee. As for the claims of racism, people should be aware of the difference between racism and poking fun. It's a thin line but I don't want a server where people are afraid to joke around a bit. If you feel someones comments cross a line message them and ask them to stop. I will take a dim view of anyone who is asked to stop and does not.

In any case there is no excuse for doggymiens behaviour afterwards. He has been banned for advocating terrorism and ignoring mod warnings.

Hmm mods can spawn stuff now? #nukeparty XD
    Also, in reference to the ring of arcana now being banned, is it ok if i get rid of it and just spawn in a swiftwolfs instead? (seeing as i made one anyway in order to make the ring of arcana)

Hmm mods can spawn stuff now? #nukeparty XD
    Also, in reference to the ring of arcana now being banned, is it ok if i get rid of it and just spawn in a swiftwolfs instead? (seeing as i made one anyway in order to make the ring of arcana)
    MagicSean wrote: »

Existing stuff seems to be ok. If I find a fix i will add the recipe back.

I believe that your ring of arcana is safe, in reply to my previous discussion about your wireless redstone lift, Sean said that "existing stuff seems to be ok."
    Perhaps this is a 'politicians view on things' and may be considered twisting his words, but as your ring of arcana is already existing, it seems to be ok.

So no need to get rid of it at all :P

Anyways, how could you work without throwing snowballs at people with the ice function :)
    (Dont anybody mention zero ring-it doesn't work in smp-all it does is make a bunch of snow everywhere-no snowball launching function)

I believe that your ring of arcana is safe, in reply to my previous discussion about your wireless redstone lift, Sean said that "existing stuff seems to be ok."
    Perhaps this is a 'politicians view on things' and may be considered twisting his words, but as your ring of arcana is already existing, it seems to be ok.

So no need to get rid of it at all :P

If only i hadnt already gotten rid of it :/

Reser22 banned for griefing spawn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Xeyn

been offline for a number of week,s looking to get back in a couple weeks!

Right i unjailed Taitmax on good behavior.

I also promoted iccowan and bibimath because they are on the server longer than a week

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭shinobi2600

whats up with 2 people on the server asking to TP naming themselves notch and captainsparklez???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Whitelist please

hungryjoey26

Thanks

whats up with 2 people on the server asking to TP naming themselves notch and captainsparklez???

Did they by any chance have a "~" symbol in front of their names? If so, somebody was just using the /nick command to change their nickname...
    HungryJoey wrote: »
    Whitelist please
    hungryjoey26

Thanks
    Added

Sean, Could we limit the /Nick command to donators+ ?

Alot of the time I haven't got a clue who people are because they are changing the name so often.

I know there are command like whois and realname but still, i find it annoying having to do them

• Advertisement

Sean, Could we limit the /Nick command to donators+ ?

Alot of the time I haven't got a clue who people are because they are changing the name so often.

I know there are command like whois and realname but still, i find it annoying having to do them

Yeah ok. What we'll do is allow mods and admins to change the nicknames of others on request. Maybe add the nickname to the whitelist thread on the forum Joe set up.

I'm also enabling alchemical bags. People seem to really want them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Whats the site for the forum?

miralize wrote: »
    Whats the site for the forum?

http://tektopia.dx.am/

Sean,Is the Server down ?

Sean,Is the Server down ?

I've restarted it there.

Minecraftian jailed for stealing Red Matter

and blaming ADHD

• Advertisement

I've restarted it there.

and blaming ADHD

:O

How'd he steal it ? I've seen loads of chests without signs, i'm like seriously -_-

Thanks for restarting it :)

I havent been on for days due to work, I dont know if I locked my chest with my donator goodies :/

:O

How'd he steal it ? I've seen loads of chests without signs, i'm like seriously -_-

Thanks for restarting it :)

i think they were working on a group project or something.

He had also nicknamed himself Admin.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

He's also broken into pretty much every structure I've ever made on this map. I suspect that if I hadn't locked up every condenser and output chest I'd be missing hundreds of diamonds, UU-Matter and aeternalis fuel right about now.

I've restarted it there.

and blaming ADHD

FYI This dude also stole DM from ylee.

Update *I banned him*

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭shinobi2600

anyone else issues connecting to the server today?

I'm also enabling alchemical bags. People seem to really want them.

So the current ranking restriction on these is now what? Trusted up? Or builder? (Or did I misunderstand that post?)

Solitaire wrote: »
    He's also broken into pretty much every structure I've ever made on this map. I suspect that if I hadn't locked up every condenser and output chest I'd be missing hundreds of diamonds, UU-Matter and aeternalis fuel right about now.

About locked chests, how exactly can computercraft interact with them? Could someone, place a turtle, tell it to go to the locked chest, and remove items from it? So unlike connecting a pipe to a chest, no trace is left? And perhaps even place a turtle -far away from the chest, and tell it to place a different turtle, that turtle is then programmed to take the items, ie the log says that *tutle (Id [something]) placed turtle at ...? Completely "No trace left behind"

Basically, what do the logs say about turtles? Could they be used to circumvent lockette? Are titles the new mission impossible?

Find out next time at Theifing worries from a named anon! :D

Ive had a look at the server logs to see what the problem is with the down time. It seems it's getting pinged a massive amount of time. My guess is that some people have updated to the newer version and keep trying to log in. This obviously puts a strain on the server. I think the best bet is to update to the newest version. I'll do it in the morning so the server may be off for a while.

• Advertisement

It seems the Tekkit team released a disgracefully broken Tekkit build. I'm trying to fix stuff but I may have to revert to old version.

Have reverted back to 3.1.2

Tekkit team should be ashamed to be honest. Disgracefully broken build to release.

What kinda stuff did they do.

Surely they tested all that before releasing

What kinda stuff did they do.

Surely they tested all that before releasing

Doesn't seem like it. Buildcraft pipes crash the server. Railcraft mod uses wrong files and looks for Forestry mod. Advanced machines are all broke. Nuclear Reactors and engines crash the server. Nether ores crash the server.

Doesn't seem like it. Buildcraft pipes crash the server. Railcraft mod uses wrong files and looks for Forestry mod. Advanced machines are all broke. Nuclear Reactors and engines crash the server. Nether ores crash the server.

Crap , is this going to affect our current world

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Tekkit team should be ashamed to be honest. Disgracefully broken build to release.
    Buildcraft pipes crash the server. Railcraft mod uses wrong files and looks for Forestry mod. Advanced machines are all broke. Nuclear Reactors and engines crash the server. Nether ores crash the server.

Epic_6d8a13_783105.jpg

Sounds like something wrong on the server end, surely technicgroup wouldnt release something that buggy without warning first...

miralize wrote: »
    Sounds like something wrong on the server end, surely technicgroup wouldnt release something that buggy without warning first...

A look at the forums will show how many problems there are.

Minecraft login servers seem to be down

• Advertisement

Hehe, cheeky Sean, getting Lewis to give you a shoutout :P

Edit:
    Haha 2 Yogscast shoutouts in one livestream, wow
    At least 30 new subscribers, congradulations! :)

Advertisement