Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats to buy kids who have everything??EEK HELP!!

Options
  • 30-09-2012 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

12 weeks to christmas ladies & I haven't a clue what to buy my kids.
    2,3 & 9 yrs old & house is bulging with toys as it is some from last year that have barely been played with.
    The shed is full of flickers scooters quads & bikes.
    I haven't a clue like.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Moved to Gift & Festivity & Party Ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Bubbles09 wrote: »
    12 weeks to christmas ladies & I haven't a clue what to buy my kids.
    2,3 & 9 yrs old & house is bulging with toys as it is some from last year that have barely been played with.
    The shed is full of flickers scooters quads & bikes.
    I haven't a clue like.:confused:

Hi there,

Can you briefly tell us something about your children:

~ general age-brackets
    ~ boys or girls
    ~ general interests.

That info may trigger ideas from some of our readers & posters.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

mmm well and idea with the older kids to get in the spirit of Christmas and that you could ask them to go through their toys they do not want or play with and donate them.

Say to them that you will treat them to one treat yourself for Christmas and that perhaps they should really think when asking santa for more gifts would they really use them.

Suggest things like perhaps a small fun toy for the day and then maybe membership to the zoo for the year or where-ever the kids hang nowadays. Or even do the pet sponarship the older kids might be interested in that. As for the youngins thats a ponder

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

If they have everything then you don't have to buy anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

how about booking a family holiday? maybe you could talk to your kids beforehand about it generate some excitement about that, if they wouldnt be disappointed on the day about only getting a stocking maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

ArtyC wrote: »
    how about booking a family holiday? maybe you could talk to your kids beforehand about it generate some excitement about that, if they wouldnt be disappointed on the day about only getting a stocking maybe?

Like the holiday idea - Disney Paris / themed activity stuff; but TBH that'll cost a fortune & you'll still have to give something on the day.

Like rhe idea if gusting away to get into the mood of things . How about hiding unused /implants toys & re-gifting them this year while giving relies a break & telling them not to buy. If your kids have that much stuff...

You could combine above with something like horseriding Lessons etc thou I'm guessing if they wanted that they'd possibly be just given them -as parents generously do!

Problems problems!!!...

Advertisement