Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog getting sick

• 30-09-2012 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi all, Hershey has been getting sick all evening and is just not himself. :( He was sick this morning and threw up a big log of bits of plastic and hair. But has done that before and was fine after.
    He chewed up part of a tennis ball today. Not sure if he ate any of it or not as it was in so many bits. Then he was sick alot this evening. After, his dinner everything came up and even when he took a drink of water. Can anyone give me any advice on what I should do? Should I take up his water? Feel so sorry and worried for the poor wee guy. :(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Stop letting him eat plastic and other stuff for a start. get a dog collar which lets out a dog whistle if you press a button with a remote that will stop him eating stuff. If worried bring him to the vet

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

I don't let him eat plastic but hes only a pup and he chews stuff as dogs do. Including the dog friendly chew toys that we buy for him. I don't like the idea of a whistle collar as if we see him chewing stuff we just tell him to leave it and he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Is he still pooping? If not or if its less than usual it could be a blockage from accumulation of little broken toy pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭aisher

If he cant keep anything down I would think a visit to the vet will be needed - he may have a blockage which can be very serious - also if he is a young pup going without fluid for so long can be dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

Hershey fine today. He is pooping and eating and all that. Back to normal. He must have eaten something.
    Thanks for the replies guys, was going to bring him to the vet today but as he is ok I didn't. Keeping an eye on it though just in case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement