Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas trees

Options
  • 30-09-2012 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Does anyone have experience in selling christmas trees? Is there money to be made from selling them? What are your experiences? Where is the best place to purchase trees wholesale?

If I go ahead with this idea I would be selling the trees in Drogheda so if you don't sell trees in Drogheda you might be able to answer some of the questions for me and any feed back you have?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭ymurtagh

best way is to buy 20-30 at a time,, sell them door 2 door, cost 26-28 sale price 40-45, offer to collect the in jan free of charge if your getting 45,(you will get the sale again next year if you do) there free to dispose and you can keep thr truck as fire wood, most sales done over 2 weekends but door 2 door will sell for 2 full weeks, they are alot of work, dont buy them in there nets cause they will just sell you **** thats been cut a month ago

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

Hi ymurtagh,

Thanks very much for all the advise. Do you know where is the best place to purchase them.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Merger

Call Coillte And see what is happening this year and where your closest designated christmas tree centres are going to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

You would need to know what kind of tree you are looking for. most customers are looking for nonshead. trees that are well prunned and not too tall. also freshly cut as
    ymurtagh said. As well as Coilte there are farmers who sell Christmas trees and might be cheaper. Why not post on the forestry or farming section.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1529

Look for someone local to you and view before you buy.

Thats brilliant thanks a million.

• Advertisement

Also remember the 8th! BIG day for christmas tree sales. I personally Always put it up the 8th. And most of my family does as well.

Ye I know a lot of people put them up on the 8th so I am hoping to get all the info and get everything sorted to have them on sale for the 8th.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Printeruk

Where to find the best one?I want one

Noble Fir, That is the only Christmas tree that will set foot in my door, Looses little or no pines, always gives the traditional Christmas tree smell on Christmas morning (if setup the 8th). And doesn't look half bad when the needles have turned brown.

Advertisement