Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roll-ups

Options
  • 01-10-2012 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭

Might be a stupid question, apologies.

I've recently started Uni. As my family hate smoking, I didn't used to have many a day (4-5ish), now being away from home, I'm smoking very regularly.

Problem is, I've got more freedom to smoke and less money to do so! Thinking of switching to rollups to save money, but I can't roll for shi. I've tried quite a lot, I know the 'technique' but it's just not something I'm great at.

Is it something you'll just get better at, or would I be better buying one of those rolling machines?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Personally I hate the rolling machines. I'd rather have the ciggy rolled to what I want rather then the homonogeous offering of the machine.
    Your rolling skill improves over a short period of time. One trick it to roll them all at one time at home rather then trying to roll them standing at bus-stops. In the evening (after study :) ) roll 5 or 6 smokes for the following day.

When you've mastered that then learn to roll one handed. :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Learn how to do it form a mate, or failing that, from yuotube. Once you get good at it, you'll find it an easy feat.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭M1XR

i personally dont like tmachines. For the amount of time and hassle to get a cigarette out of one, i would already be enjoying my smoke by handroll.

Learning to roll wise, the only thing is practise. Just sit down with a pouch and let rip. You say you know roughly how to do it, so it should come reasonably quick dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Like the others said, just practise!

When I switched to rolling, you could barely get a drag from what I was rolling, they were seriously awful. I'd have to wrap a few extra skins around it to make it somewhat smoke-able.

Within a week, I was rolling perfectly and my smokes are perfect now. I hate rolling machines, which is why I just practised until one day, bang, I got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭SunDog

Hand rolled is my only smoke unless desperate. May take time but once you get the hang of it, its a breeze. Skins/papers normally by colour. Red & Green are thick, I prefer the Blue or black extra fin. leaves to better taste of the tobacco. The way I roll is to get a skin in left hand and with the right fingers pull some baccy from pouch not to much but you'll learn the quantity you like. laying the tobacco under my left thumb and on top of the paper I pull the tobacco gently till it is even down the paper. One gentle roll will give you the basic barrel shape. Do not roll to tight ,hard or long as the cigarette will be un-smokeable. you can at this stage put in a filter or roach if you prefer. I gently roll the side of paper closest to you so it rotates till it comes under the gum side then keep rolling till all that is left is the gum strip. lick this and finnish the roll. examine your cigarette for flaws. I find half the enjoyment is the rolling ceremony.
    I'd is like the machines but do know people who like so? Hope this was of help

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

Rollie machines are ok for beginners i think.

Though as a pro roller if baccky is wet u need to roll it loose to get a smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 railtonman

i bought a rolling machine in Amsterdam but could`nt
    work the dam thing. i roll it first and then insert the filter in.
    good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭patdshaker

Rollie machines are a waste of time, all will come in good time. If you are sitting at home with no fags and the only option is to roll one then you will get it fairly soon. This is coming from a lad with a very strong essential tremor and I perfected it within 2 weeks.

Advertisement