Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 Week 1 Reports

Options
  • 01-10-2012 1:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Redskins 17-7 Saints

RGIII on his NFL debut entered the Superdome and managed to come away with the W.

Unfortunately for the Saints, it wasn't because of RGIII and the Washington O that they lost, it was the 5 picks thrown by Brees which gave the Redskins 10 of their 17 points.

The Saints can count themselves unlucky as if you take out the 5 bad throws by Brees he was unstoppable as he moved the ball down the field with ease against the D.

Thanks a lot for the game Eamonn. Least there was no last second score to win :D

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Pats @ Titans
    C2J moves it very well and then Locker hits Britt on a slant for a TD

Brady moves it well, but a great goal line stand makes the Pats have to settle for 3.

Titans move it well but C2J turns on the afterburners and weaves into the endzone.

3-14 Titans will 2 mins left.

Brady and Gronk move it very easily for a TD,

10-14 with less than a minute left.. however a long pass to C2J gets him a TD.

10-21 Titans with 38 seconds left.

Titans force a 3 and out.
    Titans throw an int trying to score before HT

FG for the Pats

13-21 @ HT

Titans force a punt.. but then throw a pick 6.

20-21 Titans

Titans move it well and then hit cook Jr for a TD
    But on the first play Brady gets in a long TD

27-28 Titans

Titans have a 3 and out and the Pats punish them and move the field for a TD.

34-28 Pats 4:26 left.

Titans first play, Locker hits Wright for a long TD

34-35 Titans.....
    Long pass then from Brady and it's a TD!
    They go for 2 and get it!

42-35 Pats

Kendall Wright hauls in another monster pass.

Titans falte rin redzone are on rth and goal at the 4.. they go for it.. they get it!
    41-41 with 2:11 left..Pats get the ball

Pats move it towards the redzone, Titans have them on 3rd down but the Pats get it and thats game as they kick a FG as time expires.

Some stats:

Titans with 496 yards, 129 rushing
    Pats with 484 yards, 60 rushing

Locker with a QB rating of 114, 16 from 24 367 yards 5 TDs and 2 Ints
    Brady with a 158.3! 21 from 26 435 yards and 4 TDs no ints

C2J gets 16 carries and 133 yards and 1 TD

Gronk was just impossoble to stop, 11 catches 200 yards and 2 TDs
    K Wright had 3 catches for 149 yards and a TD
    Hernandez had 3 catches 105 yards and a TD
    Cook had 5 catches 89 yards and a TD
    C2j and Edelman both had 1 70+ yard catch each with a TD

Britt and Washington both had TD

Good game dave, you are going to put a lot of people through pain with Gronk and Hernandez thats for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Good game dave, you are going to put a lot of people through pain with Gronk and Hernandez thats for sure
    SSShhhhh!!!! You'll give away my game plan. *Throw it to Gronk* :o

Damn good game that could have easily gone either way.
    Both teams combined for 1249 total yardage(Passing, Rushing and Returning).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

SSShhhhh!!!! You'll give away my game plan. *Throw it to Gronk* :o

Damn good game that could have easily gone either way.
    Both teams combined for 1249 total yardage(Passing, Rushing and Returning).

Well i dont see why you wouldnt, i think there was only 2 passes that he didnt catch all game and that was because they were batted down in front of him.

He really is a machine.

I think my int before HT and you getting a FG was the big killer, it meant it was back to a one score game which mean at the start on the third there wasnt as much pressure on you to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Cowboys @ Giants

Just like the real NFL, the Giants don't seem to like playing in front of their home crowd.

Cowboys go up early with a TD from Murray, then Giants FG. 7-3 DAL
    Can't remember exact sequence of events.
    Cowboys get an pick-6 off Eli and CB Jenkins runs it home.
    Giants score TD, Bradshaw finding lots of room all over the field before scoring.
    Turning point of game at end of the first half, as GIants line up a FG to end the half and close the gap. Cowboys in FG return. Kick falls short and the return man Scandrick has acres of room as he runs all the way home! 21-10 (I think) at the half

A healthy dose of DeMarco Murray and Bradshaw in second half, Giants pull close with another score before Cowboys put it our of reach with another Murray TD and an INT.

DeMarcus Ware turns up with 2 sacks.

Final score is 35-20 Cowboys!

Romo does very little, one TD and 1 INT, 9/14 for 105 yards.
    Murray with 100 yards.
    Defense steps up big time.

NFC East going to be tought this year.

Good game empacher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Both teams finished a shade under 200 passing yards
    With the raining pouring down this was a game for the Oline and the run game and that's where the difference was

Eagles rushing 25 yds, McCoy having his Eagles wings clipped by the Browns 4-3.
    Browns rush 219 yd

Browns dominate possesion with 15 first downs and only one punt
    Eagles had just 6 first downs but kept it close with explosive plays

Weeden 13-22 198 yds 1TD 2INT
    Vick 9-19 205yds 2TD 3INT
    Trent Edwards 0-1 1INT

MVP of the game
    Trent Richardson, 22 carries for 209 yds and 1 TD

Howler of the game:
    Weeden drives up the field, 1st and goal on the 4yd line and the first half ended as the fool of a coach does not know how to spike a ball on the controller :rolleyes:

Best sequence of the game
    In the 1st quarter Eagles showed a brilliant goalline stand
    Defended two runs in a row on the 3yd line until Ravens got to 1st & goal, right on the 1yd line. And then continued the goaline stand with 3 more stops.
    Great D! :cool:

Clutch catch of the game
    Ben Watson for 41 yds on 3rd and long with the Browns backed up near their goaline

Honourable mention of the game
    Joe Thomas with a mighty pancake block in the 2nd quarter, flattened Trent Cole and drove him into the ground :D

Inevitable moment of the game
    Mike Vick going off with an injury :pac:

Sorry about having no mic, not sure where it is.
    Around the flat somewhere

A very nervous and tight and hard-fought game, that's how we roll in the AFC North.
    Good luck for the rest of the season :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Had a big thing written out and my phone deleted it :( Ravens 24 14 Bengals. Good game, Neko was let down by some receivers dropping passes. That said she still had more passing yards then me so if the Bengals get the run game firing they'll be a force.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Steelers 34 - 21 Broncos

Steelers open what is going to be a tough season with an away win in Denver. The opening drive a a carry over from pre season as the starting offence (still in pre season mode) tear down the filed opening with a deep pass to Anto Brown (Mike who?) and ending with a td pass to Heath Miller.

I cant really remember much else accept Von Miller was all up in my face for the whole game. The Steelers rush defence was also in form keeping the Broncos to 20 yards.

Half time score was 24-7

The second half was all Broncos as they tried to claw their way back in. Tamme and Thomas had 137 and 167 yards respectfully but Manning threw a pick 6 to Timmons early in the second half which killed the game off. The Broncos kept fighting and out scored The Steelers 14-3 in the 3rd after Big Ben threw a reckless pick.

Broncos ended with 314 yards through the air. Steelers had 187 but also had 99 rushing yards.

Good game Perrin, best of luck for the season. Steelers welcome The Jets in week 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

AFC North looking strong

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

mikemac1 wrote: »
    AFC North looking strong

Looking forward to week 4 Mike ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Had a big thing written out and my phone deleted it :( Ravens 24 14 Bengals. Good game, Neko was let down by some receivers dropping passes. That said she still had more passing yards then me so if the Bengals get the run game firing they'll be a force.

Thanks. My offense let me down in big way - there was a LOT of cursing going on over here - mostly along lines of 'just fecking catch it you muppet!!'

Very good game - feel like bengals defense shut rice right down which makes me happy. Just need to improve pass defense now! Oh... and teach my WRs how to catch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

SantryRed wrote: »
    Redskins 17-7 Saints

RGIII on his NFL debut entered the Superdome and managed to come away with the W.

Unfortunately for the Saints, it wasn't because of RGIII and the Washington O that they lost, it was the 5 picks thrown by Brees which gave the Redskins 10 of their 17 points.

The Saints can count themselves unlucky as if you take out the 5 bad throws by Brees he was unstoppable as he moved the ball down the field with ease against the D.

Thanks a lot for the game Eamonn. Least there was no last second score to win :D

Yeah disaster of a game. Most of the picks I really wasn't that annoyed about as they were decent throws but just well picked off and I had no way of knowing they would be picked.

I am finding vertical throws really hard. So difficult to see if your guy is open/has seperation/a guy is going to out of nowhere cut across and intercept.

I really think that my offence will be one of the best in the league this year when I eventually get better at passing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Disaster...I'll trade walker my second te for a pick. He might have catching over 70 but he plays like they gave him catching of 7. He might as well try catching it in his teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Chargers 13-17 Raiders

The spirit of ibmax lives on! Couldn't get anything going here - any throw I made was intercepted and almost every run was stuffed by the D-line. Felt like I was playing on All-Madden. Thankfully that will more than likely be the last CPU game of the season for me. I'd be really pissed off if it wasn't for the fact I have no chance of winning the division anyway. :pac:

Time to go back to FIFA I think :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

The Jets beat the Bills 31-14 in the meadowlands. Mainly aided by Fitzpatrick throwing 5 picks. 2 Big plays kept the bills in it until the 3rd quarter and the Jets pulled away.

Next up a much tougher challenge in the Steelers...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Beau Spoiled Selenium

Texans 21 - 0 dolphins

Can't get on the mac so il post stats tomorow

Lads I presume LM isn't up and running for M13?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Lads I presume LM isn't up and running for M13?

Not at the moment, there's talk of something but I wouldn't count on it anytime soon.
    Am keeping an eye on this forum where there should be some announcement if anything happens
    http://dlgnow.com/vbforums/forumdisplay.php?134-MLM-General-Discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Well the Chiefs beat the Falcons in a closer game than the scoreline suggested. 20-10 the final score. Madden really pissed me off tonight! Dunta Robinson is out for the season and when you add that to Brent Grimes being out thanks to pre existing injuries that makes for a pretty poor secondary. Oh my starting FS, DeCoud, is also out for 5 weeks!

Some pretty weird plays for me in that game, like Matt Ryan jumping about 2 yards to the side of my RB on a run play and just standing there aimlessly. Also, he tripped over my RB as the RB ran out on his route. Just some weird stuff going on with that physics engine. Forced fumble of Jamaal Charles and my defender, who was right beside the ball, just ran over it and left it for the offense to recover!

Aside from the issues, good game Berty and thanks for the tips after the game! good luck with the rest of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Well, the Cardinals just beat the simmed Sh!tehawks 14-11 in a nail biting 4th quarter, no offensive TD's for the cards just 2 pick 6's one from my own endzone!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Lions 33 Rams 7

I played guns4all this evening and really it was a much closer game than the scoreline suggests.

The Rams got the ball first and proceeded to run it down my throat, resulting in a TD drive and a score for Stephen Jackson. Detroit then put a drive together but it ended with a Stafford interception.

The Rams then threw a pick of their own and detroit were able to score a TD on the next drive.

This is where it started to wrong for St Louis with bradford continuing to look shaky when asked to pass and the running game stalling. Bradford finished with 5 picks while Stafford threw 3 TD's (2 to megatron). That was the difference between the teams at the end as Detroit were able to kick field goals in the second half to extend the lead and take the win,

Thanks for the game and best of luck with the rest of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jaguars 34-17 Vikings.

Maurice Jones Drew ran for 306 yards on 30 carries for 2 TD's. Tim Tebow was asked to do not much more than give MJD the ball in his first start, although all 3 of his completions were big conversions on 3rd down for 41 yards, one of which was TD to Marcedes Lewis. The Vikings struggled to get Adrien Peterson going and as a result Vince Young took a pummelling from the Jags O-Line, lead by new free agent signing Fred Robbins who recovered a fumble and ran it back for a TD.

Good game How Are We, best of luck with the rest of the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Yep Chiefs got the benefit of some weird stuff in that game. Your lad leaping over the fumble and ignoring it was a bit mad and Mattie Ice falling over the HB was downright insane.

This game could just as easily gone the way of the Falcons. Delighted to get a win with the Chiefs. Great chatting to you Lukebray and best of luck for your season. hopefully your injuries will clear up soon.

Advertisement