Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So i moved to the dark side

• 01-10-2012 7:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭

I just wanted to post up here what i think about it.

So after having every iPhone since launch, 2,3g,3gs,4,4s & 5 (I LOVE IPHONE :D)

Anyway i got the 5, had it for a week and got bored cause there really is nothing new,so i decided to get the Samsung Galaxy S3. I know I know :eek:

I have to say, WOW, What a phone, I was worried i wouldnt like it because i've used andriod phones before and they were so slow and laggy.

Not this one, this phone is amazing, the screen quality is super, the size really isnt that big once your holding the phone, infact the bigger screen is beautiful, and it fits right in my hand and i have small hands, its thin, light and the speed is just quality.

The UI i so slick, honestly its just as easy to use if not easier than iOS, i dont know why people say its more complicated?? Apps run like a charm, pretty much everything apple has you can get, and a whole lot more too.

I got myself a 64gb sd card and synced my itunes with the s3 which is a great bonus having all my music there. €45 euro for the card to bring the phone to 80gb total space, for €300 cheaper than the 64gb iPhone 5.

The galaxy siri alternative is great, very responsive, always recognises my voice and never has to come back saying i dont understand you.

Battery life is so much better than the iphone so far but we'll see how that goes on over time.

The camera i havent used that much but from what quick snaps ive taken it seems to be great quality.

Anyway i wont go on, But i just wanted to let people know that if your second guessing about choosing between this or the iphone 5, i would highly reccomend this phone, And i can honstly say that i will not be going back to the iphone again until they come out with something better than the s3 because in my honest opinion for price betweeen the two the S3 really does outclass the new iphone.

This is not a bashing thread, as i said i was pretty much an apple fanboi, i just wanted to let people know who were thinking S3, that if you get it your not making any mistake at all and thats coming form an avid ios user.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Deadly, think I'll start a thread here about how much I like my windows laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Deadly, think I'll start a thread here about how much I like my windows laptop.

Like i said i'm not here to piss anyone off or have a go, I just know a lot of peole were thinking of going this route, and i just wanted to give feedback, coming from an apple fanboi like myself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

i have had the 3g and the 4. last may i got the s2 as my 4 was dirt slow and didn't want to wait for the s3.

I now have the 5 on order, the s2 is horribly slow and always crashes. I've a feeling if I went for the s3 I'd have similar thoughts to you though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I've heard the camera on the Samsung S3 really brings out the greens in your neighbours lawn.

I've heard the camera on the Samsung S3 makes your neighbours lawn look much greener.

Typical morons on here :rolleyes:

I was just giving feedback on what i thought, but yet the same old crap, Yes i know i posted about android in an Apple Forum, Ive posted here many times about iphone too, ive follwed the iphone5 thread for so long, and from what i read people wanted to know what i wrote.

Back to your hole good sir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

to coin a phrase...

How do you know a person has a Galaxy S3?

they tell you how great iPhones are ...but this is better

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

How do you know someone has an iphone? (And i know this from experience)

They *SNIP* over everything there told is new innovation, even though its old.

Just glad i'm more open minded these days ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I have an S3.

It's grand.

My main gripes are that the battery isn't great and having used an iPhone 5 yesterday I can now notice that my S3 is laggy compared to it. I would never change to the 5 though because I'm used to having an awesome screen and camera and I like my phone to be "unlocked" as in install anything I want without Apple telling me what I can and cant do... also iTunes, iTunes is abysmal. Drag and drop on my S3, iTunes wants me to convert this and convert that and is dismally slow.

I'm sorry I posted this in the iPhone religion thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Less of the snipes.

culabula wrote: »
    Less of the snipes.

I agree, being an iphone customer for years, giving my opinon on what a lot of people talked about in the iphone5 thread for months, i dont see why its ok that i get smart arse comments, but yet its fine to send them my way.

A lot of growing up needs to be done, but if i get it, i'll give it.

• Advertisement

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    I agree, being an iphone customer for years, giving my opinon on what a lot of people talked about in the iphone5 thread for months, i dont see why its ok that i get smart arse comments, but yet its fine to send them my way.

A lot of growing up needs to be done, but if i get it, i'll give it.

Sorry for making fun - your mobile phone sounds brilliant.

Sorry for making fun - your mobile phone sounds brilliant.

So sincere :rolleyes:

If you dont want to know or just be smart then dont post, I'm sure other people might appreciate the thread, just like i did when people posted about this phone before

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If you dont want to know or just be smart then dont post, I'm sure other people might appreciate the thread, just like i did when people posted about this phone before

i think his point might be, if i was looking for info an S3, i'd go to the android forum where there are many many S3 threads about how good it is and outling its problems too.

Whats the point of an android post in an apple forum, thats my opinion anyhow.

I wonder what responce i'd get if i posted your post in the android section, obviously replacing S3 with iPhone 5 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think Andy boys think they are doing iphone users a favour by telling us how much better the s3 is.
    Thanks I guess.

kceire wrote: »
    i think his point might be, if i was looking for info an S3, i'd go to the android forum where there are many many S3 threads about how good it is and outling its problems too.

I wonder what responce i'd get if i posted your post in the android section, obviously replacing S3 with iPhone 5 ;)

Yes that i can understand if i was always on about android and if i was just slating iphone while never owning one.

But ive never had any other phone than an iphone, and so many people posted on here during the 5 thread that kinda made me think its worth a shot, I gave it a shot, and wanted to let all my apple friends know how i found it, just my opinion on it and feedback on what i thought.

But yet people go out of their way just to bring the thread down, because they think i'm here to gloat or just posting to piss them off.

Anyway ive better things to be doing so i'm outtie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

The next big thing is already here thread

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Seriously, you must have heard of the Android forum. Enjoy your phone.

What kind of reaction were you looking for?

Going by your spikey tone and defensiveness it seems the person you're trying to convince most is yourself.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Funny I bought the S3 to use until the 5 was released. I could not wait to get rid of it. As much as the big screen was great it was simply to big for me for day to day use as a mobile phone. I found it to be laggy compared to the Iphone and was simply not as polished an OS as IOS but I will say this I do realise this is purely personal taste. The great thing about all these phones out is there is a phone for all tastes and usage. The big bug bear I would have is the nonsense that is the software release cycle of android. Why do they make it such a drawn out process to get upgraded to the latest version of the software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Why do they make it such a drawn out process to get upgraded to the latest version of the software.

I'll answer this. Ios on Apple is a single manufacturer, one type of hardware. Android is many manufacturers on a variety of hardwares. Then the phone networks are guilty of not passing updates down to their customers until they've branded it with their own crap. For this reason many of us just buy a piece of hardware and head off to find the best software for it. The community usually make better software than the manufacturers, much like the iOS jailbreak community, they give you the best use out of the hardware you've bought. I wouldn't dream of staying on the manufacturers software

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

kceire wrote: »

Do it. I want to see all the insults

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Christ. Not this again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement