Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Payment of fine recieved in court

• 01-10-2012 8:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

Hey first post in legal section,feels weird........
    But here goes,I recieved a fine in court last friday for breaking a red light on a pushbike.The judge gave me a 100 euro fine,but no information regarding paying it other than i that i have a month to do it.

So were do i go to pay the fricken thing?

Ta in advance

GT

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I'll take it off you

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

The fines office in the court house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

Rachiee wrote: »
    The fines office in the court house

For serious?wasn't aware of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

For serious?wasn't aware of this

http://www.courts.ie/offices.nsf/0/85899a2cdc24348f80256e450050b94b?OpenDocument

Yup he is serious,

From the above page as an example

Business of the office
    Civil
    Criminal
    Family
    Licensing
    Appeals
    Fines
    Bail Refunds
    Juvenile
    Summons
    Small Claims Procedure
    Payment of court fees & excise duty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, they will write to you telling you about the decision and how to pay the fine, they do this whether you turned up for the case or not. They typically wait three weeks or so in order to frustrate any attempts to lodge an appeal by people who failed to show up for the case.

If you really want to pay now then bring the summons along to the local District Court office (where the case was heard) and offer to pay there and then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

You can pay by Postal Order too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

Cheers people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Good to hear that some gardai are enforcing this law. (Sorry OP).

Advertisement