Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appointment to see Super

Options
  • 01-10-2012 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

I received a letter last week from the Superintendent in Kilkenny wishing to discuss my recent firearms application (.22wmr). I'm a bit baffled to why as I already have 2 licences .223 & 12g and my security meets the requirement for up to 3 firearms. Has anyone else had this happen to them in the kilkenny area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I don't know the area or Super but if I was to guess it's because you will have a .223 and a .22wmr. He may just want to hear what you want the .22wmr for.

Have you looked for a mod/silencer for the .22wmr?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Was talking to the FO in KK who said the New Super will be looking to interview all new licence app's and meet the people looking for them. Sounds like, as a new super, tis the proper thing to do.

Tips--- don't bull****e him, be honest and things will go well

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

Vegeta wrote: »
    I don't know the area or Super but if I was to guess it's because you will have a .223 and a .22wmr. He may just want to hear what you want the .22wmr for.

Have you looked for a mod/silencer for the .22wmr?
    Yes...As the wmr was fitted with a mod in the passed I ticked the mod box on the application. I've a wild cat P8 on the .223 and it fits the wmr I bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

clivej wrote: »
    Was talking to the FO in KK who said the New Super will be looking to interview all new licence app's and meet the people looking for them. Sounds like, as a new super, tis the proper thing to do.

Tips--- don't bull****e him, be honest and things will go well
    Was chatting to another lad on the phone there and he's in the same boat as me. He was told that this new Super shoots as well and all he wants to do is put faces to new applications. He's in the same day as me to see the Super. Hope this process isn't going to be the same when it comes to renewing firearms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Sounds like the man is indeed trying to find out what sort of fish is swimming in his pond and more credit to him for it.

One thing you should not loose sight of is that he/she is the sole person responsible for putting pen to paper wether or not someone will be granted the entitlement of having a firearm in their possession and from a policing point of view that's a rather serious issue.

If you're genuine and the Superintendent appears to know his stuff as well from what I'm reading then all should be well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

This sounds refreshing to me. if it is just a new super sussing everyone out then that in my opinion is fantastic. Fair play to him. it's no big deal to go chat with him. Hope that's all it is. Best of luck anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭snipe02

lee70 wrote: »
    I received a letter last week from the Superintendent in Kilkenny wishing to discuss my recent firearms application (.22wmr). I'm a bit baffled to why as I already have 2 licences .223 & 12g and my security meets the requirement for up to 3 firearms. Has anyone else had this happen to them in the kilkenny area.
    hes meeting everyone lee there is a serious backup in kk he is new good luck youve nothing to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

A post further up said HE or SHE and it got me thinking.

Some crack if it was an x girlfriend oh the thoughts of it Jesus

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 VINCWM

Yeah like a poster above said, just be honest. You're only going to make life difficult for yourself otherwise.

Advertisement