Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do when someone sends a personally abusive/rude unwanted pm?

Options
  • 01-10-2012 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭

Someone sent me a nasty pm after I disagreed with them on a thread.

I reported it but heard nothing back. I did not wish to engage the individual because of the language and tone they used via pm.

What is the policy on this?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Unwanted isn't automatically a bad or forbidden thing, unless of course they're advertising.

If it's abusive, then you can just use the report PM option, and the admins are notified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Spear wrote: »
    Unwanted isn't automatically a bad or forbidden thing, unless of course they're advertising.

If it's abusive, then you can just use the report PM option, and the admins are notified.

And after the admins are notified, should I expect to hear back anything or is it gone from my awareness from that point onwards? I reported it 3 days ago.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

And after the admins are notified, should I expect to hear back anything or is it gone from my awareness from that point onwards? I reported it 3 days ago.

As with any moderatorial action, the initial reporter is unlikely to receive any feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Ok - thanks for your help.

Advertisement