Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Oktoberfest 2012

Options
  • 01-10-2012 10:04am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭

Don't know if anyone agrees with me, but I went to the Oktoberfest on Sat. We were there at 5:30 but there was already a good queue. Yet when we went inside there was plenty of space. You had to queue to get into the tent and queue ages to go to the toilet. It is the same band who play the same music every year and the stein glasses were of plasic this time!!. They certainly did not look 1litre! We left after 1 and went over to the Harbourmaster where they were serving Paulander. What a difference. A proper Stein and the beer tasted proper. We could go down to the toilet without waited and ok there was no band but it was so much better!! I used to like the Oktoberfest but to me it has gone downhill big-time this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Even the real Oktoberfest in Munich can be rated as a rip off soemtimes, some kind of tourist trap. The Cannstatter Wasen in Stuttgart is much more fun, imo

Advertisement