Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Picture Re-Sizing Questions

• 01-10-2012 10:13am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys,

I have to resize a load of pictures in work that we have taken ourselves.
    The issue is that we are resizing for an iPhone/Android App, so the pixel size required is 554x275.

Now is that a standard photo ratio or anything?
    Basically, my photos are ranging from 4984x2594 to 3264x2448 in standard size format so when i resize to the required pixel count some are skewed and just dont look right.

So im assuming i need to crop first, but should i crop to a certain size ie. 6x4, or whatever and then resize to the required pixel size?

thanks for any input given.
    Using Photoshop CS5.1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Raggaroo

That Ratio is just over 2.015 x 1 so I would say Set your rectangular Marquee tool to that ratio, Crop each image to that ratio and then use the " Save for Web & Devices" option and set your image size and quality (Once you have set these for the first image it should keep those settings for each of the others) It is still quite a slow process though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Raggaroo wrote: »
    That Ratio is just over 2.015 x 1 so I would say Set your rectangular Marquee tool to that ratio, Crop each image to that ratio and then use the " Save for Web & Devices" option and set your image size and quality (Once you have set these for the first image it should keep those settings for each of the others) It is still quite a slow process though.

Once i get one right, i could creat a bath process i suppose.
    Will give that a try, thanks.

Edit : Any idea on how to set the marquee ratio?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Once you have cropped to the desired ratio you can resize the images in a batch.

Open the Folder in Bridge.
    Select all images to resize.
    Tools>Photoshop>Image Processor.
    Select the options you require.
    If you select Save in Same Folder the files will appear in a Sub Folder named Jpeg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

kceire wrote: »
    Edit : Any idea on how to set the marquee ratio?

Click the selection tool, then there are options at the top of the screen, just below the menu bar.

Advertisement