Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloc Party - The Olympia, Dublin - 12th Feb 2013

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

What a fúcking gig

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭faughs

What time did bloc party play until and what time did they begin.... What was set list like????? Sorry for all the questions. I am goin tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

faughs wrote: »
    What time did bloc party play until and what time did they begin.... What was set list like????? Sorry for all the questions. I am goin tonight

I'd say they started at 9.19, I remember looking at my watch but they were slightly late on. They were due at 9.15

They played until 10.45ish.

There was a mix from all 4 albums. Setlist might be different tonight. They played that new song Ratchet from the setlist below. It's similar in parts to the Japan setlist there but with a few songs changed out. They didn't play Sunday for example last night.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Came on about 9:20 and played till about 10:45????

Setlist was pretty good mix of the hits and good bit off the new album which sounds brilliant live . Gonna buy it now

Sounds gud. The new album is really good. So really looking forward to it

• Advertisement

Sounds gud. The new album is really good. So really looking forward to it

Yea i had heard a few of the songs off it but after last night i decided to buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

No Kettling - disappointed! Very good gig though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Know what time Cast of Cheers started?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 p4ddyh1

What did people make of the cast of cheers last night?

maximoose wrote: »
    Know what time Cast of Cheers started?

8.00pm I think
    p4ddyh1 wrote: »
    What did people make of the cast of cheers last night?

They were good, I quite enjoyed them. Some of their songs weren't as good as their more well known songs like I am Lion and Family but they had their moments for sure and some nice jams.

Their drummer is very good but also hits pretty hard. If you have earplugs bring them. I regret not bringing mine, their set was tough on my right ear in particular.

• Advertisement

ear plugs to a gig?

ear plugs to a gig?

You're probably thinking of earplugs that get rid of all sound.

Musicians earplugs. I'm a musician so I bought a pair to protect my ears when I play. They lower the sound and get rid of the louder frequencies so it's not too loud and damaging. They work well at gigs too, since it's more or less the same thing except not actually playing on stage.

ah ok, makes sense. they expensive?

ah ok, makes sense. they expensive?

Yep, my right ear is in bits I can tell you now. :(

No, Elacin Er20s are what I have. Only 5-10 quid I think. HMV in Dublin used to have some but online is the best bet now.

Great.. I can catch a good bit of the Man U and Madrid game in the pub before hand..ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Great.. I can catch a good bit of the Man U and Madrid game in the pub before hand..ha

Install 'film on tv' on your smart phone. I was able to watch the Celtic game last night in my seat in the Olympia (until BP started). Just register with them (its free) select standard definition and it should stream without buffering.
    Worked a treat last night (apart from the result).

I did think if took a few songs for the band to really get into the gig but when they did it was worth it .

I don't know if the girlfriend would be best impressed..haha. I must check it out though

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭calabi yau

I did think if took a few songs for the band to really get into the gig but when they did it was worth it .

+1 I thought the very same but then it turned in to some gig. The highlight was Banquet for me as I think it all really kicked off from there. My God they are some tight and professional outfit though for heavy rockers.

That song ratchet at the end was amazing and This Modern Love held up to still being my top 5 songs of all time. I thought there was a great energy about the crowd as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

This modern love was class tonight again. Loved the way they dropped banquet and a few other silent alarm songs early on, really got the crowd going. All in all a little bit lacklustre in comparison to the last few times I've seen them but still a good gig.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

went both nights.

superb value for money .different set lists in order and content.

two of the best gigs ive ever been to. they are **** hot.

very under rated band imo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

F*cking superb gig lastnight, really enjoyed it.

Setlist was good, would have liked Kettling and Pioneers but delighted with what was played. The Rihanna intro into Flux was great haha!

Also, have to say I was really impressed with Cast of Cheers. I knew a handful of their songs before but not too familiar with them, thought they were awesome live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I thought both nights were class. Was really happy with the setlists was hoping for waiting for the 7.18 and ratchet especially. Coliseum and octopus off the new album were great.

Didn't think much of cast cheers either night, they were okay.

Only part the set lulled was when they played signs, it missed the xylophone. The rihanna intro into flux and the tenderoni intro into song for clay were cool.

Been waiting ages to see them so really pleased with it :)

I love the outro of Song For Clay into the intro of Banquet they did.

Advertisement