Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to tone down mint flavors?

Options
  • 01-10-2012 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭

Any tips for toning down mint flavors? I have a nice tobacco mint that could be great if the mint was smoother. I have tried mixing in just tobacco but the mint is as sharp as ever even on 50/50.

Its the same for a strawberry mint I have, again mixing in just strawberry does not tone down the strong mint.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Few drops of distilled water, vodka or PG/VG unflavoured fluid should take the flavour down a notch.

*literally drops! - if you add another flavor you aren't really muting the original, just adding another one on top of it, what you want is to diute it, like you would concentrate ribena.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I will give it a go, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 PinkVaper

I also find a cream flavour mixed with mint tends to tone down the minteness but a drop of flavouring as opposed to a few ml of a cream eliquid would do a better job I should think. let us know how you get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Vanilla works, I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

was.deevey wrote: »
    Few drops of distilled water, vodka or PG/VG unflavoured fluid should take the flavour down a notch.

*literally drops! - if you add another flavor you aren't really muting the original, just adding another one on top of it, what you want is to diute it, like you would concentrate ribena.

You can do that? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Ok vodka didnt really work, it toned down the tobacco and the mint didnt change at all. I tried some DKS Spice which is basically vanilla and that did a little, then added a heavy tobacco flavor and that combo worked best but the mint was still strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Do it the other way around maybe ? ... add the mint to the tobacco rather than trying to tone down the mint.

Advertisement