Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Budapest?

• 01-10-2012 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations of places to go see or eat or visit etc in Budapest. I'll be there for 4 days later this week. Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭lc180

Sorry I don't have time to post a proper reply but here goes, for places to see I really liked the Castle district and its views. Definitely try one of the outdoor baths. I recommend doing the free Budapest walking tour, very informative and a fun way to see a great little city :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭theavenger

+1 on the walking tour. I found the palace was beautiful and the best way to see the whole city.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

It is a lovely city, but the people are very depressing and just down right rude. There is some great architecture there and Hősök tere (Heroes Square) is well worth going to see it is just off the famous Andrassy ut. The Castle is cool too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I didn't see the point in starting yet another one on Budapest. The search function suggests that there are plenty there already.

I'm in the place now and will be for the next week as I'm using Budapest as a base to go galavanting elsewhere.

I've been here for 2 days already and so far I have experienced nothing but a polite response from everyone I've met.

I'd recommend this city to anyone in Ireland thinking of heading away for a few days.

In fact, we could learn a lot from the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 walking

Try the thermal baths, they are georgeous.

Here is a good list of mayor sights:
    http://www.budapestinfo.hu/top-11.html

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

Bel Canto restaurant on Andrassy Ut is or was excellent and the staff perform opera during the service.

Advertisement