Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Priming/Fermenter query

Options
  • 01-10-2012 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

So I'm in the process of brewing my first ever beer, a kit of Muntons IPA bitter. I've racked the beer into a 2nd fermenter a couple of days ago and I'm getting ready to bottle it.

Since the yeast residue has been left behind in the original fermenter could I simply prime the 2nd fermenter with the sugar solution rather than putting the primer into a bottling bucket and syphoning the brew into that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

If there's no gick (lees) or only a small amount down the bottom then yes. You'd need to stir it though to make sure it's well mixed in. There have been stories of the heavy sugar solution just sitting on the bottom (and in fact I think I have been stung with this on one brew).

Advertisement