Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Customer here. WTF is the problem with this company

Options
  • 01-10-2012 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

I ordered the ngb 8 mbit broadband and phone package recently and got the modem and phone line connected on thursday. Set everything up and did some speed tests and got 4mbits at max. Not good, but I thought ok fine its probably not switched on properly yet or something, i'll keep a close eye on it. Checked my speed on saturday, 1.60 mbits, WTF. I'm living in Limerick city not the back o beyond. Its been max 1.7mbits ever since.

The phone also doesn't work. When i ring it, the phone rings but you cant answer it. You also can't ring out from it.

I've just spent an hour and half trying to get through to someone(the automated answer computer is retarded), because i keep getting transferred from dept to dept and then put on hold only to be cut off.:mad:

I finally get through to the broadband technical support dept(who were suffering from technical issues, laughable) and he tells me that my line is only capable of 2mbit, again WTF?? This isn't what i agreed to or what im paying for. I told him that it was running at 4mbit on thurs so he said he will switch it up to 3 for an hour and if i have no problems they will turn it up to 4. I asked about the phone issue and surprise surprise i get transferred to ANOTHER fcuking dept, waited about 5mins on hold only to be cut off. Can't find the phone technical support number on the site.:mad::mad:

Right now i feel like getting them the take the whole thing out, this is a disgrace.

Why should i have to pay the same amount for 4mbit as someone who gets 8?????????

Why wasn't i told that my line is only good for 2 - 4 mbits before i went ahead and ordered???

I know it says "up to 8 mbits" but 1.6mbits is taking the piss. Its less than a quarter of the speed im paying for so will i just pay quarter of my bill or line rental?? I get faster speeds on my phones 3g ffs.

I have never been with eircom before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    I ordered the ngb 8 mbit broadband and phone package recently and got the modem and phone line connected on thursday. Set everything up and did some speed tests and got 4mbits at max. Not good, but I thought ok fine its probably not switched on properly yet or something, i'll keep a close eye on it. Checked my speed on saturday, 1.60 mbits, WTF. I'm living in Limerick city not the back o beyond. Its been max 1.7mbits ever since.

The phone also doesn't work. When i ring it, the phone rings but you cant answer it. You also can't ring out from it.

I've just spent an hour and half trying to get through to someone(the automated answer computer is retarded), because i keep getting transferred from dept to dept and then put on hold only to be cut off.:mad:

I finally get through to the broadband technical support dept(who were suffering from technical issues, laughable) and he tells me that my line is only capable of 2mbit, again WTF?? This isn't what i agreed to or what im paying for. I told him that it was running at 4mbit on thurs so he said he will switch it up to 3 for an hour and if i have no problems they will turn it up to 4. I asked about the phone issue and surprise surprise i get transferred to ANOTHER fcuking dept, waited about 5mins on hold only to be cut off. Can't find the phone technical support number on the site.:mad::mad:

Right now i feel like getting them the take the whole thing out, this is a disgrace.

Why should i have to pay the same amount for 4mbit as someone who gets 8?????????

Why wasn't i told that my line is only good for 2 - 4 mbits before i went ahead and ordered???

I know it says "up to 8 mbits" but 1.6mbits is taking the piss. Its less than a quarter of the speed im paying for so will i just pay quarter of my bill or line rental?? I get faster speeds on my phones 3g ffs.

I have never been with eircom before.

Hi Wetbench4,

Can you PM me with your name, address & eircom tel no: / account number please. Can you also confirm how you placed the order please ie. over the phone, online.?

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Hi Wetbench4,

Can you PM me with your name, address & eircom tel no: / account number please. Can you also confirm how you placed the order please ie. over the phone, online.?

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,
    just pm'ed you my details.

Edit: Also where is this ngb coverage map that people are talking about. I can't find it anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭tattoo man

your doing well,im waiting 5 weeks for my broadband to be turned on,i am been told the engineers on site,and i have got a new modem,,but still nothing,service is that bad its scary..hope you get sorted....doesnt seem like i am

tattoo man wrote: »
    your doing well,im waiting 5 weeks for my broadband to be turned on,i am been told the engineers on site,and i have got a new modem,,but still nothing,service is that bad its scary..hope you get sorted....doesnt seem like i am

I am genuinely shocked tattoo man, at how appalling the whole experience has been so far with eircom. I was with digiweb metro up til now because i never had any phoneline in the house, and even on bad days and peak times i would get at least 5mbits.The only reason i moved was because of their 60GB cap. I see upc advertising 50 mbit speed for same price as eircoms 8mbit package. And eircom can barely give me 4.

I think its unfair that i was sold a package which says "up to 8 mbit". This implies that my connection can go up to 8 mbits( maybe not all the time which is fair enough), but it cant. My connection is only "up to 4mbits". Is this not some form of false advertising?? It certainly feels that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭tattoo man

I am genuinely shocked tattoo man, at how appalling the whole experience has been so far with eircom. I was with digiweb metro up til now because i never had any phoneline in the house, and even on bad days and peak times i would get at least 5mbits.The only reason i moved was because of their 60GB cap. I see upc advertising 50 mbit speed for same price as eircoms 8mbit package. And eircom can barely give me 4.

I think its unfair that i was sold a package which says "up to 8 mbit". This implies that my connection can go up to 8 mbits( maybe not all the time which is fair enough), but it cant. My connection is only "up to 4mbits". Is this not some form of false advertising?? It certainly feels that way.

as i said im waiting 5/6 weeks now for my broadband,i got rid of my last provider,so far they have sent me out 2 engineers that to be honest would fit in on a father ted episode,and in all the 5 week ive been told"THERES A ENGINEER ON SIGHT,WE WILL UPDATE YOU AS",this wedensday be my 6th week,they are a complete disgrace,i would not recommend them at all...

• Advertisement

Hi Wetbench4

I Checked it out and PM you back.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Wetbench4

I Checked it out and PM you back.

Thanks, Mark

Alright, thank you Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

"Up to 8MB" can mean anything from 1MB to 8MB and totally depends on the quality of the line, distance to the telephone exchange, etc. Kinda crap but, unfortunately, that is the way DSL works with any supplier.

Alright, thank you Mark.

Hi Wetbench4.

No problem.

I have put the broadband sync back up to the previous profile prior to the fault escalation. Let me know if you have any follow up connection or speed issues.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement