Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Financial Management Help BADLY NEEDED.

Options
  • 01-10-2012 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

This is a shot in the dark, i am in third level doing a Business Degree and am seeking some help with a Financial Management module.

Below is an outline of the module, i understand it is mixed with theory and accounting sections. CAN ANYONE HELP?
    • Financial Objectives
      Strategic Planning Process, Stakeholder Anaalysis, Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibilities and Ethical considerations, Objectives of Public and Not-For-Profit Organisations
    • Capital Markets
      Role and nature of international capital markets,capital market efficiency
    • Mergers and Takeovers
      Organic Vs Acquisitive Growth,City Code, Defence Mechanisms, Management Buy-Outs, Reasons for M & A activity, Due Diligence process.
    • Business Valuations
      Earnings, Cashflow and Asset valuation models
    • Preparation of Business Plans, Cash Flow Forecasting, Projected Income Statements, Projected Balance Sheets
    • Sources of Finance
      Finance for SMEs, Venture Capital, Government support and initiatives, Working Capital Management, Inventories, Receivables, The Dividend Decision
    Any help would be very welcomed, e-mail me if you can.

THANK YOU

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

I suggest you get a book if you don't have one already. I have a book on this stuff that's at least 10 years old. A bit of reading to be done for this subject IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MrSpike2012

Mmm the theory aint my problem the accounting side is. This cannot be learned via a book.

Hence why i need grinds. Its NOT like a theory subject, you either no how to do it or not? Just like a Profit and Loss A/C, CashFlow Forecast or Balance Sheet etc,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

What has this got to do with Cork City?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Its NOT like a theory subject, you either no how to do it or not? Just like a Profit and Loss A/C, CashFlow Forecast or Balance Sheet etc,.

Yeah, and you learn it by attending lectures/reading books that show how to do it...

Go to college and do the f*cking module. Buy accountancy for dummies. Buy a leaving certificate accounting book. Google how to do basic accounting. Pick one.

Mmm the theory aint my problem the accounting side is. This cannot be learned via a book.

Hence why i need grinds. Its NOT like a theory subject, you either no how to do it or not? Just like a Profit and Loss A/C, CashFlow Forecast or Balance Sheet etc,.

A change of attitude mightn't go astray either!

• Advertisement

Double post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭blindsider

Don't you have Lecturers who show you how to do this? Do you not have assigned lectures and tutorials during which you learn?

Having learned something, it's usual to complete an Assignment which re-inforces the learning.

Does 3rd level not work this way anymore?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

What year are u in?
    Have you not done any basic accounting yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Hi,

This is a shot in the dark, i am in third level doing a Business Degree and am seeking some help with a Financial Management module.

Below is an outline of the module, i understand it is mixed with theory and accounting sections. CAN ANYONE HELP?
    • Financial Objectives
      Strategic Planning Process, Stakeholder Anaalysis, Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibilities and Ethical considerations, Objectives of Public and Not-For-Profit Organisations
    • Capital Markets
      Role and nature of international capital markets,capital market efficiency
    • Mergers and Takeovers
      Organic Vs Acquisitive Growth,City Code, Defence Mechanisms, Management Buy-Outs, Reasons for M & A activity, Due Diligence process.
    • Business Valuations
      Earnings, Cashflow and Asset valuation models
    • Preparation of Business Plans, Cash Flow Forecasting, Projected Income Statements, Projected Balance Sheets
    • Sources of Finance
      Finance for SMEs, Venture Capital, Government support and initiatives, Working Capital Management, Inventories, Receivables, The Dividend Decision
    Any help would be very welcomed, e-mail me if you can.

THANK YOU

Maybe try posting in UCC/CIT forum. Plenty students looking to make a bit of money doing grinds in various subjects. Or ask for thread to be moved altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MrSpike2012

Maybe try posting in UCC/CIT forum. Plenty students looking to make a bit of money doing grinds in various subjects. Or ask for thread to be moved altogether.
    LilMrsDahamsta yeah i did that but i dont know do many look at Boards.ie but thanx for the positive suggestion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭TwoTokeTommy

The accounting side is simples mate.

Read your notes, run through sample Q&A's, and get it down by attempting answering (going to your solutions when stuck). It's only the start of the college year, no need to freak out.

Try asking your lecturer or tutor after class if you're stuck on something in particular. It's their job to help you (within reason).

Advertisement