Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY stores in Portlaoise

Options
  • 01-10-2012 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I'm looking for DIY stores, mostly selling (large) timber boards, screws, metal legs etc. What you need to essentially create own furniture with specific size requirements.

It seems Homebase is in town but I can't see it on Google street, maybe it's been opened recently? I've found others but again can't find them on google maps/streetview so I'm wondering if they closed down or the address was inaccurate etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Diaell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Manoffeeling

Also, Gings in Kealew Bus Park. I find them good on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭tokenv

do they sell timber boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

All those places sell timber, what kind of boards are you looking for? You can get sheet materials (MDF, chipboard or laminated pineboard) in all those places; Homebase will be the most expensive by a long shot, Telfords have a good range and will be more competitive, Gings are generally better value but you may not find what you want there. Same goes for planed softwood, Homebase will probably have what you want but you'll pay very, very dearly for it, likewise for screws, fixings etc. Always go to a builder's providers first if you want to keep more cash in your pocket!

Thanks for all the info! I'm just interested in simple pieces to make a table or simple cupboard etc.

By the way do any of these sellers do home deliveries?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Manoffeeling

Try Gings first and ask for christy

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Telfords have the biggest range and the best prices.

as an example do you know how much a 150cm x 70cm x 2cm wooden (pine) board would cost at those places?

Advertisement