Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile service call out fees

Options
  • 01-10-2012 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi does anyone know a method to estimate a fair call out fee for both the client and myself?
    Is it as simple as petrol cost plus time to drive there? What rate do you use for driving?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bizzyb

Hi does anyone know a method to estimate a fair call out fee for both the client and myself?
    Is it as simple as petrol cost plus time to drive there? What rate do you use for driving?

Thanks,
    What service area are you in?Research what your competitors are charging for jobs and try and keep your pricing as competitive as you can with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Generally speaking no one will call to your house to perform some task for less than EUR 40 (I would have said EUR 60, but since the recession we have seen some movement)

e.g. Calling a mechanic in a truck to fix flat battery EUR 65
    Calling a man to fix your washing machine (one its out of warranty) EUR 55 minimum

these are just my experiences

however if the service itself costs alot then maybe you should discount and leave out the travel fee?

I used to work in retail and know that people hate paying a travel/call out fee when they are buying something expensieve

e.g. If someone buys a EUR 2000 piano they don't want to be charge another EUR 50 for delivery! it should be absorbed

Advertisement