Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel delivery to Italy

Options
  • 01-10-2012 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

I need to get a large parcel delivered from Ireland to Italy at a reasonable price. I have tried most of the courier companies here but the parcel is over sized for them.

does anyone know a company that would quote for this? Wgt 26kg. L= 82cm W=60cm H=75cm.

I am trying to avoid the cost of a full pallet price which would make the product to expencive for the customer.

thanks.
    john

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

Suggest to try GLS or DPD. From the dimensions and the weight your are indicating this does not look oversized.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

The error many make is they call DHL / UPS - these types are express air carriers and will charge a fortune.

Normal delivery companies such as GLS, DPD or even An Post will get it there in 3/4 days - max is usually 30kg, though An Post is 20kg.

Your Size is no issue

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

thanks for the replies.

Neither GLS or DPD will take the parcel as its to big. they work this out by L + 2x(W+H). Mine works out at 352cm and their limit is 300cm. this seems to apply to all these companies. You can force the issue with them but it could end up been sent back from another European depo and costing a hell of a lot more.

I have a price of €105 +vat from JP Transpeed in Portlaoise and waiting for a couple more to get back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

lucky john wrote: »
    thanks for the replies.

Neither GLS or DPD will take the parcel as its to big. they work this out by L + 2x(W+H). Mine works out at 352cm and their limit is 300cm. this seems to apply to all these companies. You can force the issue with them but it could end up been sent back from another European depo and costing a hell of a lot more.

I have a price of €105 +vat from JP Transpeed in Portlaoise and waiting for a couple more to get back to me.

That sounds like an excellent price. Would be surprised if that gets beaten

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

Yes. it is the best price
    At the moment I dont sell outside Ireland so this was a one off. What surprised me about pricing this job was the amount of companies that didnt reply to my request for a price. Apart fom the one above and one other I wasted my time filling in online quote forms. After ruling out the normal couriers I concentrated on companies that ship freight. In the new year I plan to export more so I was using this as a chance to see what options were out there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement