Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Search page has 'new' style, I am logged in & use the older 'beta'

Options
  • 01-10-2012 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭

I put this down as a bug, but it isn't really a problem. I use the beta skin/theme and just noticed today when I clicked on the Search button, the search page was using the newer skin, where you click to expand subforums.

I use Opera, and I know we Opera-tors are 2% of f***-all in terms of % of boards users, so you probably won't fix it. Thats OK!

Just thought I'd mention it as it seemed odd to me.
    :cool::cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

The search results page hasn't been using your vbulletin skin since we moved over to the new search server around 18 months ago. It looked vaguely like the beta theme but it wasn't quite the same. We changed it to be inline with the new default skin a few months back and it will now honour your appearance settings on that skin(theme, sticky header, etc...).

Having it use the vbulletin skin is essentially impossible as searching is completely outside of vbulletin these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Skin: Cloud
    Browser: Firefox

I get something similar. I tried the Dark style, but it didn't 'stick'. However, it does show up when I run a search.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement