Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lost my iphone 4s!! HELP!!

• 01-10-2012 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭

Hi

I somehow seemed to have lost my 4s, I think it may have fell out of my pocket when I was exiting my car but I am not certain. I do have carphone warehouse insurance but before I avail of that I would really love to try to locate it, i think my location services is turned on on the handeset but i am finding it difficult to get the right info on actually how to use it,any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

youtube! wrote: »
    Hi

I somehow seemed to have lost my 4s, I think it may have fell out of my pocket when I was exiting my car but I am not certain. I do have carphone warehouse insurance but before I avail of that I would really love to try to locate it, i think my location services is turned on on the handeset but i am finding it difficult to get the right info on actually how to use it,any suggestions?

If you go to Icloud you will have there Find My Iphone, you can might get a location (will not be exact are the area) you can lock, delete everything or send a message to it for who ever has it now. If they did a restore or off you won't get a anything back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Found it!!

My daughter used her ipod to sign in to my account and locate it.....it had fallen down the back of the car seat, so relieved let me tell ya!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

"Find my phone" saves the day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

biko wrote: »

Pity there's no way to make a phone make noise (or 'ring' if you will), if you have a rough idea of it's whereabouts....hang on...

thats for sure!!:):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

juan.kerr wrote: »

Pity there's no way to make a phone make noise (or 'ring' if you will), if you have a rough idea of it's whereabouts....hang on...
    You can make it play a sound from iCloud.com or the find my iPhone app

guil wrote: »

or you could ring the number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

guil wrote: »

or you could ring the number.

But if its on silent it will not ring BUT it will play the sound from iCloud

fox007 wrote: »

Was it on silent? OP hasn't mentioned it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mel123

if your phone gets lost or stolen, and the battery dies, or the thief turns it off immediatly, find my iphone is useless...which in my opinion isnt really much use at all

• Advertisement

fox007 wrote: »

Was it on silent? OP hasn't mentioned it.

Since the io6 update I decided to try the " do not disturb" feature the other night , I had forgotten to turn it off the next morning so yes it was on silent.

Obviously the find my iPhone isn't foolproof but what is?

I can say though that it did the job yesterday of locating my phone and it is a dam clever little idea.

I certainly was greatful to have it!

Advertisement