Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much did you get for your commumion?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

back in 1992 i got £230 was freaking loaded:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

not enough to bother counting, got a few pound coins here and there. Seemed to be a big deal at the time as it was still around the time the notes got taken out of circulation.

No more then 50 anyhow.
    Ruski wrote: »
    How old are kids when they do their communion? Eight? Nine? And they get hundreds just like that?

dafuq do they do with that much money?

I would of been 6 when I did it in '91, but a year later they put up the ages for it. Not too sure why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

A missal and a crucifix, I think. Wish we got ridiculous Irish-level presents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

I actually got a slap in the chops for trying to pick the host off the roof of my mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭Wolfruin

i got about 150 in all having a big family helped took my parents for a meal and then got my self some werebears
    im a full grown adult but i miss growler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

As far as I remember I made £350 but I didn't see much if any of it, back in the 80's Mam & Dad didn't have much so I guess they used it for essentials :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

dunno, under 50 pounds anyway. I reckon my Dad was skimming.

A neighbour of my Great Auntie who was a total stranger saw me in my dress, came out and gave me a pound coin and a bar of turkish delight. the bar was fookin rank but it was still really nice of her. Its my only real memory of the day

Advertisement