Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dating service rip off

Options
  • 01-10-2012 7:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1

Hi All

I would like to know has anyone used connections corner dating service in the Buy and sell paper, I used it recently and it cost me almost 16 euro to ring the mailbox number on it and I still didnt get through, I rang them up to complain and they were not very helpful at all, so guys stay away from connections corner in the buy and sell and try other services.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

PI/RI is an advice forum for issues in people personal life/relationship - this is the consumer issues forum, think your post is better suited here.

All the best. :cool:

• Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭boiledsweets

echo67 sorry to hear of your bad experience,i did actually try those personals section in the newspapers,and they are notorious for rip off charges,anytime i see a po box or write to us with such and such a number or ring at a premium rate,i steer clear,its akin to the charges of a sex line,not that i did that either.but i learned my lesson.

best thing to do is try a dating service online,i know i know you could get charged to your credit card on some of them,but thats unfortunately the way it works for a lot of them,a rip off and a waste of time.

i have come across a good one some while back,its called twos company or even try irelands own,its only about 3 - 4 euros,you write to their address..

better to try the ones that are popular in ireland ,like anotherfriend,etc or plentyofffish.com,but beware of plentyoffish as some of them can be creepy or just winder uppers wasting time..so tread carefully before you fish!

also try local speed dating you never know you could get lucky!

thats just my experience so far,the best i have found were a) twoscompany and b) local speed dating.

Advertisement