Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RC crawl club anyone?

Options
  • 01-10-2012 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭

Right so I’ve been into rc rock crawling for a few years now and would really like to get some sort of club together specifically dedicated to rc crawling. (Note I use the term club in it’s most primitive form here because as much I would like this to expand into something bigger I’m realistic as well - maybe a crawl-together would be a more appropriate term?!) Crawling it alone leaves you with no competition to measure up against and you have limited crawl spots, and generally you just do less crawling than you would like to since there's no-one to beat!

The biggest issue as I see is INTEREST, or the lack there-of rather. How does one go about promoting the hobby and getting people to buy into it?

Will you be interested in joining a RC crawling club in NCD? 11 votes

I am interested and will join the club! (NCD)
    9% 1 vote
    I am interested but the locality doesn't suit me.
    18% 2 votes
    I might become interested but need more exposure/info.
    45% 5 votes
    No thanks, not for me.
    9% 1 vote
    Huh, wha?
    9% 1 vote
    Other reasons (cost, time, transport, etc.) (Please specify)
    9% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Anyone else want to chime in?

Ok well that settles that then I suppose.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TI-MAX

Shame no one is interested in this as its the perfect rc hobby for Ireland and the climate here,the trucks are cheapish,very rugged,highly customizable,can easily be made waterproof and built for driving through any terrain and up and over most obstacles. And dont Think it's just point at an obstacle and hope for the best,there is more skill and throttle control involved than one might think trying to best your mate's line. If anyone into rc is thinking of buying a scale crawler for the stable I'd highly recommend it- out of my 6 its the one I use the most. Would just love a bit of competition though.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bandit no1

TI-MAX wrote: »
    Shame no one is interested in this as its the perfect rc hobby for Ireland and the climate here,the trucks are cheapish,very rugged,highly customizable,can easily be made waterproof and built for driving through any terrain and up and over most obstacles. And dont Think it's just point at an obstacle and hope for the best,there is more skill and throttle control involved than one might think trying to best your mate's line. If anyone into rc is thinking of buying a scale crawler for the stable I'd highly recommend it- out of my 6 its the one I use the most. Would just love a bit of competition though.

A very old post but did you ever get a club going?

No unfortunately not.

And to make matters worse both my crawlers have been discontinued with parts nearly impossible to get. I'm too scared of breaking something so both have ended up as shelf queens. Now and again I'd charge up a battery and drive around the house but that's about it.

• Advertisement

T-Maxx wrote: »
    No unfortunately not.

And to make matters worse both my crawlers have been discontinued with parts nearly impossible to get. I'm too scared of breaking something so both have ended up as shelf queens. Now and again I'd charge up a battery and drive around the house but that's about it.
    Thats a shame,am thinking of getting a crawler but would be more fun to run against others as mentioned above.what part of ireland are you in if you dont mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Theres a group on FB, I believe they meet up and go crawling from time to time

https://www.facebook.com/groups/rcmadboyzinc/

The Doktor wrote: »
    Theres a group on FB, I believe they meet up and go crawling from time to time

https://www.facebook.com/groups/rcmadboyzinc/

They seem to meet up far from where I am,trying to see if many people from the west go crawling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

bandit no1 wrote: »
    They seem to meet up far from where I am,trying to see if many people from the west go crawling

Stick an aul post up on it, ive seen people wanting to meet up from all around the country.

Advertisement