Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Laoghaire to Green Luas

Options
  • 01-10-2012 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hey

I need to get from Dun Laoghaire to the Windy Arbour luas stop. Im not sure of the area around the newer luas stops. Is there a bus I can get from DL to any of the green line luas stops? Or close enough.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭yaya*

Hmm you could get 46a to brewery road stop and walk 10/15 mins up brewery road to get to the pedestrian entrance to the sandyford Luas stop?

There might be another bus route from dunlaoghaire that I don't know about but the 46a is very regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

You can get the 75 from Dun Laoghaire to Dundrum and change onto the Luas there (stop nearest the side/flyover entrance to the town centre car park).

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

markpb wrote: »
    You can get the 75 from Dun Laoghaire to Dundrum and change onto the Luas there (stop nearest the side/flyover entrance to the town centre car park).

Wouldnt it be good if there was a luas spur from a DART station to a green line luas station. The minimum distance between two stations on the two lines cant be that far. Once the red and green lines are connected over the marlborough bridge, all stations on luas and DART would be connected!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

liffeylite wrote: »
    Wouldnt it be good if there was a luas spur from a DART station to a green line luas station.

There was plans to extend the Green line to bray. Doubt it will happen in the foreseeable future

See here: http://www.rpa.ie/en/projects/luas_bray_fassaroe/Pages/default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Axolotl

mmcn90 wrote: »
    There was plans to extend the Green line to bray. Doubt it will happen in the foreseeable future

See here: http://www.rpa.ie/en/projects/luas_bray_fassaroe/Pages/default.aspx

I'm highly amused at the idea that any public transport in Dublin should be efficient and well thought out :P

(I recall reading recently, maybe on boards, someone theorising that the public service infrastructure is so fractured intentionally to create huge profits for Centras beside bus stops!)

For my money, the easiest way is a 75 to Dundrum, but as it's only every 40 mins or so, the 46A and a walk might suit your schedule better.

Or do what I do and cycle :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Here's a list of options for the journey

http://bit.ly/QTwfud (I've shortened the link because it was incredibly long)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭kinsy

Great, thank you all. This is very helpful!
    The 75 is a bit irregular, especially at night when I'm making the journey, and I hadn't considered the 46a to brewery road. I would have taken it to the shopping centre which is a much longer walk.
    Seems I have plenty of options. I'll just wait for whichever bus comes first and take it from there.
    Axolotl, cycling isn't an option at the moment but hoping it will be soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Dart to Blackrock and 17 from there would bring you very close to Windy Arbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭kinsy

oooh that's a good one. And actually might drop me closer to where I am going. Deadly, I hadn't considered the 17. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Axolotl

kinsy wrote: »
    Axolotl, cycling isn't an option at the moment but hoping it will be soon!

See you on the cycling forum soon so! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement