Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C#/.NET website, adding a mobile page...

Options
  • 01-10-2012 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have a commercial website that sells items to trade clients in the domestic services industry. The website works fine, basically clients can login and order stock and track their orders, etc, and staff can login through an admin area and manage the business operations through the website. This is done using .NET/C# and MS Server 2008, with SQLDatasources and databinding a big feature of the site, also using GridViews and DetailsView, etc, usually controlled by dropdown lists, etc.

I'm thinking of adding a mobile page to the site for staff reps, who can check stock availability when out on the road, using their iPhones. This is obviously a different task from developing a mobile app, I'm thinking it's just a wrapping exercise really, as we added some freebie gadget to our site about a year ago and if you viewed this particular page on the website, the page rendered on an iPhone in mobile format.

Just wondering can this be developed properly in the new Visual Web Developer 2012 or what would be the best way to start working with a mobile page for my site (as opposed to a mobile app which I'm not going to be doing)...

Many thanks in advance,

HFC.

Advertisement