Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do ecommerce/on-line sales people meet in Dublin?

Options
  • 01-10-2012 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm working on an early stage startup, in predictive analytics.

I'm very interested in talking with people who are running online retail businesses, and ecommerce stores.
    I'd love to meet people responsible for running campaigns, increasing sales, customer retention, of online shops.

Obviously, I can find conferences on google, but I'm really after an impression of what the eco-system is like for this scene in Dublin?
    Anyone recommend events or regular meetups that I really should be going to, particular players in this space in Dublin to try and talk with?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

LinkedIn groups would probably be a good start and go from there.

Here is a link to relevant groups on LinkedIn

The Dublin Chamber of Commerce group is very active.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The IIA group over on LinkedIn might be of some use

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭bceltic

Hi Fergalr, I'd be interested too in any events going on in this space.

There's nothing I've heard of for regular meetups, there are a handful of conferences / events throughout the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Recessionbust

Meetup.com is pretty good for this stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭What? Oh Rly!

I'd definitely be interested in this too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

I am sure many of those attending these meet ups are in that space. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056388676

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mikefm

I would imagine the Dublin Web Summit next week would be a good place to find them too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

Thanks for all the suggestions!
    I'm aware of the Entrepreneurs Anon meetings, but I havent been to one yet; hopefully next time.

I'm also attending DWS, looking forward to it.

The LinkedIn groups don't seem to have a huge amount of traffic, but are a good starting point - thanks for the suggestion.

There are quite a large number of regular software developer meetups in Dublin, where developers just get together and discuss aspects of their craft, learn form each other, etc.
    I was hoping to find something similar and informal in ecommerce.

The Dublin chamber of commerce is something I wouldn't have thought of.

Thanks to all for the interesting suggestions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭bceltic

The Dublin Chamber doesn't have too many eCommerce or online companies as members or at least active from my experience.

Advertisement