Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does life get worse the older you get?

• 01-10-2012 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

As we get older we have more responsibilitys, we are expected to be all grown up and act appropriately and we seem to have more to worry about.

Not to mention we are one day closer to death.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Nice cheerful post for a Monday evening :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,649 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

You forgot to mention your body falling to bits. Everything else I can handle.....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Seems to, will let you know if it changes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Depends on your circumstances/attitude. I definitely prefer being older - you get more comfortable with yourself, make peace with yourself, and all that jazz.

True Gloomtastic, this bod ain't what she used to be. But then again, there is something that can be done about it. Very hard work, but doable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    As we get older we have more responsibilitys, we are expected to be all grown up and act appropriately and we seem to have more to worry about.

Stop worrying about what other people expect and just do your own thing.

Can't help you with the whole dying thing... yet...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Its Behind You!

Thats a fair summary Mr Cruise. Children bring you a lot of joy and meaning in life. Find a Ms/Mrs Cruise/female partner, if thats your bag, and start living again. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Death is an inevitable part of life, if you have not come to terms with this yet, then you are not old enough to worry about it, so go out, have a few beer's talk to a cute girl, get in a fight and always look both ways when you cross the road ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Well Tom Cruise still looks great at 50 and has a good life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Funny, just said that to my wife today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Internet Hero

I think the OP has the FEAR! Too many wines at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
    No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Does food taste better the older it gets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Why did Eastender's closing theme song come into my head when I read this?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

We are expected to have more responsibilitys but there isn't nothing to say that you have to confirm to other peoples social expitations. If you want to break all ties with the 'rat race' and live a simpler life by working less hours and spending more time at things you enjoy then you can. Might have to give us some sh1t that you dont need to do that though :rolleyes:

Death is an adventure that i am looking forward to :D It is a journey that we must all take alone, not knowing anything about what is on the other side. Death shouldn't be feared.

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

if you're the anxious sort maybe avoid such "expectations" as they dogged me right up til 30. after which it could only get better...

not saying settle for less, just find your niche. and my niche was "less" sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

I have also wondered something else about getting old.

Like our body starts to age and kind isnt as 'responsive' as it was,is the same to be said for our emotions?

Like do we slowly lose to power to feel emotion as we once did? Not that it goes away,just kind of subdues slowly....

I cant really explain what i mean to be honest.

Advertisement