Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And another place closes down.

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Most shopping centers charge to use the toilets. Dundrum is an exception but its a massive shopping complex with cleaners readily available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Sully wrote: »
    Most shopping centers charge to use the toilets. Dundrum is an exception but its a massive shopping complex with cleaners readily available.

No they do not.

Pretty much anything worth driving to doesnt.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Media999 wrote: »
    No they do not.

Pretty much anything worth driving to doesnt.

Guess I haven't had the same experience as you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I would hazard a guess that in the case of Stephen's Green, they are cashing in on the huge mass of people in the Grafton Street area every single day. Of course they're going to charge and justifiably so, with such a large number of people going through there everyday, the toilets probably require constant cleaning and inspection. Not so much the case with City Square.

Most of the shopping centres outside Dublin City Centre don't charge for use of toilets, Liffey Valley, Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Where are they bussing in the tourist daytrippers from ? Is it Kilkenny ?

I'm down the Mall at least 3 days a week. I would say 8 out of 10 busses are Kerry reg, the rest are mostly UK tours. A round trip from Kerry would not be my idea of fun. If we can convert a small percentage of these into even one or two day stopovers there would be an enormous spinoff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

Media999 wrote: »
    Not that it justifies it. Im sure its just done in Stephens green to keep the junkies out. Waterford its just pure greed.

i love it - justify Dublin charging for toilets - but Waterford - its greed, typical, Waterford mentality!!!

Advertisement