Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean Gallagher. Where is he now?

• 01-10-2012 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Just thinking there about this chap

You remember him from the Irish presidential election

He was going to be a firework for jobs in ireland, get Irish people working etc.

He was leading the polls.

Then he got caught on the take OR stitched up by SF/ IRA (depending on your point of view)

Whats he doing now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Entreprenhooring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Collecting brown envelopes.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I'd say he'd prob having a cup of tea, and about to watch the news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Still cursing his luck

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Halloran springs

Haven't heard anything from Sean "Brown Envelope" Gallagher in a while yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Hiding in a bush in Pat Kenny's garden...watching...waiting...soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

The awkward part was that they had nothing on Higgins so McGuinness didn't win in the end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

He spends every waking hour on twitter. He fact checks all tweets and reports them if they fall below his high standards.

It's Gods work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Berties Cabana Boy would be my guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I don't know why he ever bothered getting involved in the first place. It ruined his image completely. He was a likable enough fella before the whole thing, and a benefit to a fair few local economies. He blew it all, and for what.. the outside chance of holding a temporary position of pseudo-power.

Whenever you hear about him now it usually involves a rant about what happened during the campaign. He should move on and get back to what he's actually good at doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Craggy Island

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

He should move on and get back to what he's actually good at doing.

Being bald.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

He should move on and get back to what he's actually good at doing.

That's the thing - he's not really good at anything.

His business which made him a "Entrepreneur of the Year" was set up on the back of massive amounts of IDA funding. It never once - not even in the height of the boom - turned a profit.

He then got dig out from his cronies by getting a job on the board of FAS. That went well. Not.

Then he got the nod from RTE for Dragons Den.

And then he ended up a political failure after being exposed on RTE for collecting brown envelopes on behalf of Fianna Fail.

So, apart from getting leg-ups and handouts from his political buddies, he is a complete & utter waste of space. Except, of course, from the comedy value of his head looking like a sad face drawn onto a massive thumb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

The awkward part was that they had nothing on Higgins so McGuinness didn't win in the end!

they did, but didnt use it after Michael D. threatened to send Gandalf after them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him. If he was able to con half a million idiots into giving him their first preference last year, I don't think he'd have too much trouble winning a Dail seat.

Seriously, who actually voted for him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

RayM wrote: »
    I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him. If he was able to con half a million idiots into giving him their first preference last year?

It's not hard to do in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

His business which made him a "Entrepreneur of the Year" was set up on the back of massive amounts of IDA funding. It never once - not even in the height of the boom - turned a profit.

He then got dig out from his cronies by getting a job on the board of FAS. That went well. Not.

And then he ended up a political failure after being exposed on RTE for collecting brown envelopes on behalf of Fianna Fail.

So, apart from getting leg-ups and handouts from his political buddies, he is a complete & utter waste of space. Except, of course, from the comedy value of his head looking like a sad face drawn onto a massive thumb.
    His smart homes business was also set up at a time when a one eyed labrador with a limp and some vaguely housey shaped biscuits could make money and yet SH didn't. Funny how when an ordinary joe has an good idea and goes to the IDA, the answer is always "go forth and multiply", but if a connected muppet with an idea for decorating cakes using coloured bin liners rolls in, they bung cash at them to beat the band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

last i heard he's in the states
    tryin out for the new kojak movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

He was still better off before it all though :pac:

You'd need to have a death wish to get into politics here. All parties accept what they call 'donations'.. if people think FF are the only ones guilty of that then they are hopelessly naive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

RayM wrote: »
    I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him. If he was able to con half a million idiots into giving him their first preference last year, I don't think he'd have too much trouble winning a Dail seat.

Seriously, who actually voted for him?

I did, for many reasons. But probably the biggest was that I really did not want to see any of the others become president.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

arodabomb wrote: »
    I did, for many reasons. But probably the biggest was that I really did not want to see any of the others become president.

How'd that work out for ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I don't know why he ever bothered getting involved in the first place. It ruined his image completely. He was a likable enough fella before the whole thing, and a benefit to a fair few local economies. He blew it all, and for what.. the outside chance of holding a temporary position of pseudo-power.

Whenever you hear about him now it usually involves a rant about what happened during the campaign. He should move on and get back to what he's actually good at doing.

How exactly was he a benefit to a few local economies?
    He was a chancer who used his F.F. contacts to feather his own nest. His business never showed a profit but he did get 5k a time for filling in grant applications to the National Lottery on behalf of GAA clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

He was still better off before it all though :pac:

You'd need to have a death wish to get into politics here. All parties accept what they call 'donations'.. if people think FF are the only ones guilty of that then they are hopelessly naive.

I'd say what turned people off him the most was his trying to hide his Fianna Fail connections and his "I don't recall" nonsense about being handed a cheque. Came across as especially dishonest.

I'd say what turned people off him the most was his trying to hide his Fianna Fail connections and his "I don't recall" nonsense about being handed a cheque. Came across as especially dishonest.

As soon as he mentioned the word "envelope" he was fcuked. There was an instant big laugh out of the audience as if that word triggered memories of Bertie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I kid you not he was a judge on the panel for the Cavan county enterprise board awards in the last few weeks.
    Saw his ugly Mug in the paper

http://www.anglocelt.ie/news/roundup/articles/2012/09/13/4012207-excitement-builds-ahead-of-cavan-business--tourism-awards-2012/

bbam wrote: »
    I kid you not he was a judge on the panel for the Cavan county enterprise board awards in the last few weeks.
    Saw his ugly Mug in the paper

http://www.anglocelt.ie/news/roundup/articles/2012/09/13/4012207-excitement-builds-ahead-of-cavan-business--tourism-awards-2012/

That wouldn't surprise me at all. Didn't thousands of them turn out to support Sean Quinn in his hour of need (just as he was hiding the money).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

That wouldn't surprise me at all. Didn't thousands of them turn out to support Sean Quinn in his hour of need (just as he was hiding the money).

Being from Cavan I must state that I know neither men.
    Gallagher I have no interest in, wouldn't have voted for him either.
    Quinn I despise and everything he stands for. Sooner he's behind bars the better as with the rest of his degenerate litter. Quinn has allot of support immediately round his factories, for no other reason but he brought employment to a region that had never employment, the fact that he sold them all down the river seems to be missed up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Slurryface

Thank God McGuinness didnt win!

Advertisement