Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still humming

Options
  • 01-10-2012 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hello Lads,Still stuck with the pump problem(see below) Nobody seems to have a solution,,,help ! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

irishtear wrote: »
    Hello Lads,Still stuck with the pump problem(see below) Nobody seems to have a solution,,,help ! :(
    Ok. Is there a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Might be a silly thing to suggest but could you snip the wire from the battery to the pump (after removing from battery terminal first) and wire in a switch so you need to turn on/off the pump manually.

(I know its not ideal but it could work till you figured out main problem then just leave switch on when you do)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I rekon you've a failed microswitch on one of the taps, or if you've a pressure fed system then the pressure valve in the pump has had it, or you've a leak somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭irishtear

Thanks Lads for all the suggestions, have a bit of time today and will try everything and let you all know what happens ,Thanks again Irishtear.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

We had a similar "problem" with our 98 LMC with a submersible pump when we first got it. Not sure of the set up in other motorhomes, but in the toilet/ shower of ours there are two controls - the top of the tap/ shower head, and then a dial for the hot/ cold water mix. As it turned out, the dial has the microswitch and controls the pump, rather than the top of the tap. So the tap can be closed (no water flowing) and the pump can run, so you have to turn "off" the dial too.

I hope that makes sense - took us a while to work it out and in the end had to phone the previous owner. Like I say, it might not be applicable to other models. Our solution is to now leave the tap open and just control the water in there from the dial to avoid any repeats.

Thanks Macy,Will give that a go later and let you know,Thanks again,Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Either a faulty microswitcg as the sheriff said, or crossed wires under a tap. No chance it has a pressure switch on the outlet from the pump?

Hello Aidan, Could you explain the outlet on the pump bit and I will have a look.I plugged into full power tonight to bring up the battery as some were saying it was a low battery.When the full power was on the taps didnt work .When I put the power to 12 volt they did ,but it still hummed when I turned the taps off.I have another battery on charge .Tomorrow I intend taking the kitchen sink tap off and having a look there .Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

irishtear wrote: »
    Hello Aidan, Could you explain the outlet on the pump bit and I will have a look.I plugged into full power tonight to bring up the battery as some were saying it was a low battery.When the full power was on the taps didnt work .When I put the power to 12 volt they did ,but it still hummed when I turned the taps off.I have another battery on charge .Tomorrow I intend taking the kitchen sink tap off and having a look there .Thanks for the info.
    Being plugged into 220v means nothing if the battery is ok , everything is still running off 12v. You will need the main power switch on regardless for the pump etc to work.
    Some systems have a pressure activated switch on the pipe from the outlet of the tank to switch off the pump, most likely you have a dodgy micro switch in a Tap tho

• Advertisement

Thanks Aidan,I will go with that, as I only have two taps ,planning to disconnect both and reconnect them and whichever one starts the pump running is the one with the problem. Irishtear

Hello All ,Thanks for all the replies ,the problem is solved.The switch on the kitchen sink was faulty.I disconnected both taps and the pump stopped running,I connected the bathroom tap and the pump didnt start running on its own so I knew it was the kitchen tap at fault.I disconnected the bathroom and put the kitchen back on ,and the problem started again.I removed the tap and headed for Downshire Caravans in Banbridge and the man removed the little switch in the taps and gave me a replacement for £4 .I fitted it back and everything is working fine .Thanks to all concerned,especially Aidan,he hit the nail on the head, he knows his stuff. Your Irishtear.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭zambo

Hi
    Three hours after you first posted about your problem under the heading Pump Problem I gave a reply where I clearly said it was probably a broken or loose switch on a tap.You then opened another thread saying you still had the problem but did not mention if you had followed my recommendations or done any other work.
    If you ask for help it would be reasonable to follow the advise given and if it helps then give credit where it is due.
    It does not make any sense to open two threads for the same problem.
    Yours Zambo

Thank You as well for all your help. Reading back on your reply now I see you were also spot on, but I was gathering all the info then deciding my course of action. I had to post twice because not a lot happened after I gave you make and model and I just posted to remind people I still had the problem.Thanks again for your help.

Advertisement