Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Put a value on this 2012 Carbon Frameset

Options
  • 01-10-2012 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a 2012 Giant TCR Advanced SL ISP frameset which could be up for sale any day now. It has a RRP of €2900, and is only 7 months old. Genuine immaculate condition, not huge usage for various reasons. Small size, would be including pressfit BB, headset and seat clamp.

Just wondering how much you guys think it would sell for? Unsure of the value I would put on it if I was to put it up for sale. Let me know what you think! Cheers

Giant_TCR_Advanced_SL_ISP_2012_Frame_Black.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

The short, pithy answer is that it's worth what a fella is prepared to pay. If it was a fully built up bike with dura ace on it and a rudimentary wheelset, you'd probably have it up for sale for 2500 to 3 grand, so you could work backwards from there and guesstimate what portion of that the frameset represents... 1300? ish?

It's a bit hit to take if you paid full retail for the frameset yourself (but does anyone ever do that really?). But on the plus side, there seems to be a very healthy appetite for good second hand bikes out there. I sold my good bike recently and of course I had a zillion low-ballers thinking 1000 euro would buy the bike, but I also had 4 or 5 lads who genuinely wanted it and could see it was worth the asking. It's sold now, but even today I got two more enquiries.

Just to take the edge off the good news ever so slightly however, the bike I sold was a size 56 - loads of blokes interested. I've my wife's bike for sale now and the phone is much quieter. Small frame size means the customer pool is smaller too (literally :D). You'r looking for a lady willing to look beyond the 799 euro starter bike and willing to buy second hand, or a small bloke. But sure look. Throw it on donedeal and just make sure to have your phone on silent after 11pm for those "Wats ur less prise 4 bike?" texts. :)

Anyway. Lovely frame Mister.
    Whatcha getting next? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,062 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

£1600 (€2000) new from Westbrook.

http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/frames-c6/road-frames-c112/giant-tcr-advanced-sl-isp-road-frameset-2012-p204366

I reckon €1200 is about right. I assume the warranty is not transferrable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I reckon its worth 100 euro Ballyhoura, but I will give you 150 because I like you.

Can't say fairer than that !

You'll probably do better on ebay than adverts with it I reckon. Make sure to set a reserve of about 1200 though, I reckon Lumen has it about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭moby2101

Hi
    its totally subjective(....fact that its a smaller frame size than the norm may delay your sale)

I sold a two year old version of this in Medium/Large with full ultegra and a mid range set of wheels for 2050 earlier this yr

Donedeal or adverts should be your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

moby2101 wrote: »
    Hi
    its totally subjective(....fact that its a smaller frame size than the norm may delay your sale)

Why? I'm sure there are plenty of vertically challenged riders out there :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement