Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Barbers

Options
  • 01-10-2012 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey I would like to know what are the best mens barbers available in Dublin city im willing to pay up to to 25 euro to get my hair done thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

What do you want to get 'done'? €25 euro gets me 6 months worth of haircuts. There's a few polish barbers along the quays that do a cut for €7 and do an equally good job.

I'm not frugal by a long shot, but I'd vomit a little handing over €25 for a hair cut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

TomH2012 wrote: »
    Hey I would like to know what are the best mens barbers available in Dublin city im willing to pay up to to 25 euro to get my hair done thanks :)

I go to the Grafton Barber in Jervis, have done for a few years. Its €22 for a wash and dry, pricey enough, but I'm happy with them so I'm not going to go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

For a fiver more, the Butcher Barber, between Clarendon St and Grafton St is well worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Despite the unnerving name? Butcher Barber hardley inspires confidence...

I find the price of haircuts in town to be mental. No way I'd happily pay 20+

Even so, in the suburbs, the cheapest I seem to be able to find is around 15.

I've paid anywhere from 10 euro to 25 euro for a haircut over the years, blade 2 back and sides and a trim on top but leave about half the length and cut it uneven...by the time they finish, no matter where I get it done or how much I pay, I always get the same haircut and it's never what I asked for (might have well run a blade 4 all over my head and then a blade 2 on back and sides..)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Have always found Sheppards on Wicklow Street to be good.
    Hope they're still there, been a couple of years since I was there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Bedford Stuy in Temple Bar (at the side of the Central Bank) is a great spot. I have been going there since it opened and have never had a bad hair cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 TomH2012

Thanks everyone for the replies ill keep them in mind

OldBean wrote: »
    For a fiver more, the Butcher Barber, between Clarendon St and Grafton St is well worth a try.

Yea I heard it has a good name is it appointment only?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

I go to The Grooming Room but its 35 euro for a cut. I see the same girl every time though and I'm always happy with the cut.

sitstill wrote: »
    I go to The Grooming Room but its 35 euro for a cut. I see the same girl every time though and I'm always happy with the cut.

Thank you where is the Grooming Room located?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

If you're paying over a tenner for a haircut you'd want to have a word with yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Thank you where is the Grooming Room located?

Its on South William Street, near Grogans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Yea I heard it has a good name is it appointment only?

They do take walk ins, but they usually are pretty full - I've never been able to walk in and get sorted, not that I mind though. Your standard cut includes a wash and head massage, so you're putting aside the bones of 35-45 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

There's a place called "Just Cuts" that I used to goto. They're on North Earl Street, just off O'Connell Street, above a subway type shop. They've been there a few decades at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Manuva

hefferboi wrote: »
    If you're paying over a tenner for a haircut you'd want to have a word with yourself.

I'll never understand why so many Irish men have an aversion to paying for haircuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Knights in Stephens Green for me. €20 for wash and cut.

I am always happy with the cuts there. 9 times out of 10 it's the (very) tall Eastern European girl that cuts my hair, can't remember her name, but she is brilliant - but in fairness both chaps (who look indian or pakistani but not sure) are great as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jimjim23

the merchant barber in temple bar has never let me doen and run a special on mondays and tuesdays before 12 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

hefferboi wrote: »
    If, like me, you've thick, curly hair that's easy to **** up you're going to get plenty of dodgy cuts in your time. When you find somewhere that consistently gets it right the extra tenner is a small price to pay when it means you're happy about your appearance. Unless you're one of those sorts who thinks that, for reasons that will never be qualified, a moderately elaborate style or longer hair is somehow unmanly, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Considering how important a good haircut is for one's appearance. I have absolutely no problem on spending 16 quid on a good haircut I'm happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Manuva wrote: »
    I'll never understand why so many Irish men have an aversion to paying for haircuts.

I've no problem paying for a haircut. My hair is hard to cut and hard to manage and I can get a perfect cut for 10 euro in Tipp and 7 euro in Limerick. Just saying you're getting ripped off paying 15+ for one in a barbers that probably looks fancy. But if you have money to burn then why not I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭trixyben

I saw today on the quay there is a barbers doing cuts all day at 4.99 :D the A board advert caught my eye and I looked in and there was 3 people cutting and the shop was full!

So anyone looking a cheap and cheerful sure ya couldnt beat it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

boxx barbers in the ifsc. 18 euro but for every 5 you get a cut free. its worth it, never had a bad haircut. been butchered by the 7 euro polish places. doesnt matter what ye ask for....you leave looking like a soldier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

I have paid a tenner for haircuts most if my life - and every one of those haircuts came with the fear of an unever head or a stupid looking fringe
    Suppose ts fine if you are getting a crew cut but if not...

At the moment I go to boxx in the IFSC, €18 and they take their time, you willl always get a decent cut and and get peace of mind, worth the extra 8 quid and they take at least 20 mins longer.
    Well worth it for peace of mind, and thats not even mentioning the head massage after a hard days work

Advertisement